Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

12 days in Peru and Easter Island trip, does this itinerary work?

Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

My husband and I are going to Peru and Easter Island in November. I have made the following arrangements. Was wondering if you all can give us some pointers/ suggestions on our itinerary?

Day 1: LAX-ATL- LIM (Delta726 8:15-15:16, Delta151 17:50- 00:25+1) *arrive at midnight in Lima
Day 2: Lima
Day 3: LIM- CUZ-Sacred Valley (LA203513:15-14:35) *arrive at Cuzco airport and drive directly to SV
Day 4: Sacred Valley
Day 5: Sacred Valley- MP *we will stay at the Sanctuary Lodge for 1 night
Day 6: MP- Cuzco * Clime the huayna picchu in the morning, taking the 7pm Belmond train back to Cuzco
Day 7: CUZ-LIM (LA2066 19:15-20:40) *transfer in Lima only, will not go into the city
Day 8: LIM-SCL-IPC (LAN601 1:35-6:50, LAN841 10:30-14:05)
Day 9: Easter Island
Day 10: Easter Island
Day 11: IPC- SCL (LAN842 15:35-22:20) *only one day in Santiago, plan to visit the winery
DAy 12: SCL- MIA (AA226 23:59-6:49+1)

Any thoughts/on our itinerary or must-visit/ must-eat recommendation would be much appreciated! Thank you!!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
You're packing a lot into the time you have. For Lima, you're arriving very late and if flight is delayed, it's even later. By the time you get to hotel you'll probably be bushed. I'd take it easy that first day in Lima, maybe limiting yourself to hanging around Mira Flores. I haven't been there for a few years so don't have good recommendations. The Sanctuary Lodge was great. On Easter Island, I ate in an excellent restaurant a few months ago called Tatako Vave on Muelle Hanga Pike (phone 56-32 2551544). Pleasant outdoor seating and of course the excellent seafood Chile has. It is near the Hanga Roa hotel (which is a great place to stay, quiet but walking distance to the little town). In Santiago, I'm not sure which winery you're going to. There are several not too far away. However, there is a lot to do in the city itself from the main market to museums to parks. Since your flight leaves late on day 12, you could rent a car or take a tour to Valparaiso (not sure I spelled that right) and stop at a winery on the way. However, I'd stay in Santiago. I have a couple of days in Chile at the end of a business trip next month and am thinking of doing exactly that.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply!

We are not planning to do anything on Day 1 in Lima since we arrive so late! On the 2nd day, we will do some sight seeing and eat at Central.

For Easter Island, we have also booked Hanga Roa! Good to know you enjoyed your stay! will definitely check out the restaurant you recommended since we are not doing the all inclusive plan. Did you use a tour company there?

In Santaigo, we are planning to visit Lapostolle winery with a driver.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

I spent time in Santiago (city bike tour and winery bike tour and eat at Tiramisu), Lima (bike tour, amazing cooking class at SkyKitchen, fun visit to the water fountain park) and Easter Island (private guide Paul was amazing and food options weren't bad - Kotaro for Japanese was great dinner and we met the chef) and have a plethora of posts on my philatravelgirl blog from the trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.