Which Carrier?

Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Which Carrier?

Flying business class from TUS (or PHX) to UIO then LIM back to TUS (or PHX)

Do you recommend American or United?

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I'd recommend AA over UA, but only because AA is a OW partner of LAN, and by and large you'll find (slightly) better service on LAN. Also, you can certainly get from UIO to LIM on LAN, but I don't know if any of UA's *Alliance partners offer that route (Avianca, maybe?).
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:42 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
AV or LA, not much in it. If you are flying business then Avianca has US style first class seats and LAN has a european style blocked out middle seat set up. So Avianca wins for business seats.

LIM UIO on Avianca is operated by a former TACA Peru plane and I think neither will have a seat back TV.

LAN snack in economy was downgraded from the LANwich to a rock solid ham and cheese croissant. I have not flown UIO LIM on AV but between BOG and LIM they have a proper hot meal, so food is probably going to be better on AV

OP I'd pick the price/itinerary that works best for you. There is nothing major to swing it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.