Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking tips on getting visa from Venezuelan consulate in Houston

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Seeking tips on getting visa from Venezuelan consulate in Houston

Greetings! Venezuela now requires a visa for visiting US citizens. Since I live in
Austin, TX I have to get my visa at the Venezuelan consulate in Houston. Their
website says that I have to present the documents in person at the consulate.
Wondering if folks in this forum have gone thru this process. Do you need an
appointment or can you just show up? I tried calling and emailing the consulate
but was not successful.

I would appreciate your experience, advice and tips on this topic. Many thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Try calling a consulate from another state and voicing your concerns.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: United-Gold, Marriott-Plat, Hertz Gold 5 Star
Can't Speak for Houston

Can't speak for Houston, but I just got mine yesterday from New York. I got a business visa and not a tourist visa, so the requirements are a bit different but the process is the same. Just show up with the required paperwork and money order for the correct fee ($30 for tourist, $60 for business), and they interview you right there. They seemed most concerned about the money, so make sure you get that right. In NY, it's from 9-12 only; they didn't do afternoon appointments.

There wasn't a huge wait; as you can imagine people aren't exactly clamoring to get to VZ these days. Most of the people in the room seemed to be VZ citizens there for other purposes-we only waited 10 or 15 minutes. Less than a week later, picked up the passport. Pretty efficient all things considered.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by KingHippo
Can't speak for Houston, but I just got mine yesterday from New York. I got a business visa and not a tourist visa, so the requirements are a bit different but the process is the same. Just show up with the required paperwork and money order for the correct fee ($30 for tourist, $60 for business), and they interview you right there. They seemed most concerned about the money, so make sure you get that right. In NY, it's from 9-12 only; they didn't do afternoon appointments.

There wasn't a huge wait; as you can imagine people aren't exactly clamoring to get to VZ these days. Most of the people in the room seemed to be VZ citizens there for other purposes-we only waited 10 or 15 minutes. Less than a week later, picked up the passport. Pretty efficient all things considered.
Doing business with VZ, interesting You must be taking advantage of the BsF
Old May 8, 2015, 8:41 pm

Haha no not quite-natural gas/chemical industry-it'll be my first time to VZ so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Trying to keep an open mind but tough to do with all the news reports/State Dept. travel warnings for the country.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:46 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KingHippo
Only $30 for a tourist visa? Not bad at all.

Also, do you get the visa at the building by the UN, or is there another office?

Thanks,
BmB
Old May 12, 2015, 9:43 pm

7 E. 51st St. (between Madison and 5th). Don't think this is the mission to the UN-usually places have their signs on the front stating what they are, and there was nothing about it being the mission to the UN.

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Only $30 for a tourist visa? Not bad at all.

Also, do you get the visa at the building by the UN, or is there another office?

Thanks,
BmB
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:00 pm

How are you enjoying vzla?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.