Search

SCL - Lodging near La Moneda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
SCL - Lodging near La Moneda

None of the international chains have anything nearby - I welcome recommendations for a clean, safe place (wi-fi, a/c, typical chileno hotel breakfast - you know what I mean) within a modest walk of La Moneda.

The closest "international chain" place that I'm aware of is the Crowne Plaza which is just way too expensive these days, and not as close as I'd like to be.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Go to the booking.com site and check out their map for Santiago for locations, ratings and prices.

Been a while since I lived near that section but I know the Hotel Galerias has a good reputation and apart hotels abound. For a standardized chain hotel, there is the Mercure (an Accor hotel) next to Metro Santa Lucia and the Hotel Diego de Almagro (Chilean chain, same company as the one near the airport) on Alameda. And who can bypass the historic Hotel Plaza San Francisco?

The choice will depend on what else is important like restaurants and nightlife. For those, you want to be closer to the east end of calle Merced and the Lastarria and Bellavista sections.

Surprised no one else has responded or perhaps I am less cuico than the others who never venture west of Plaza Italia
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
The choice will depend on what else is important like restaurants and nightlife. For those, you want to be closer to the east end of calle Merced and the Lastarria and Bellavista sections.
The only important location is my amigo's dpto, located on Moneda. I'm just flying in/out for the night, and we'll probably go eat at a restaurant nearby. I'm familiar enough with the 'hood, but not really the lodging situation.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The only important location is my amigo's dpto, located on Moneda. I'm just flying in/out for the night, and we'll probably go eat at a restaurant nearby. I'm familiar enough with the 'hood, but not really the lodging situation.
I was assuming your question was actual distance to the Chilean white house. If you have never stayed in that sector, then the Hotel Plaza San Francisco might be a good choice. The breakfast is outstanding and the location historical. The other choices probably will be more than sufficient for a night or two if you will be a tourist vs. relaxing. I have many memories of that sector along Alameda and Santa Rosa, I met my wife in one of the very Chilean dives there. Enjoy!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
I was assuming your question was actual distance to the Chilean white house.
It is only a few blocks away, so that was the point of reference for the post without giving away the address
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Plaza San Francisco is a good option. I live near the La Moneda metro stop and that's where I usually put friends and family, though it's pricey. There are also some cheaper but good hotels around París/Londres: Hotel Paris 813, Hotel Londres 35, and Hotel Plaza Londres are good options that won't break the bank.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:02 pm

There are many apart-hotels to stay in around there if you are interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.