Wiki Posts
Search

taxi in Quito

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
taxi in Quito

Need some help from fellow flyertalkers. Our guide we hired for an upcoming half day tour in Quito had to cancel our booking. We only have about half day in Quito and are looking to do the equator site. Any recomindations for hiring a taxi? Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
A fellow FTer and I were in Quito in June. We asked the hotel how much a taxi should cost to Mitad del Mundo and whatever they said (maybe $15) we set about asking taxi drivers until one of them gave us the correct price. We had chancers trying to get $30 for the trip. No second chances, they gave us a high price we told then to get lost. About the 7th taxi we actually got in.

Costs the same to come back unsurprisingly

Note taxis in Quito mostly have CCTV and emergency alarms now so security is not really an issue.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
While it's been a while since I have been there, I had no problem getting to Mitad del Mundo and back to central Quito on a local public bus. And my Spanish was not as good then as it is now.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the replies, ended up paying $40 for pickup at our hotel near airport. Driver waited while we enjoyed the site and dropped us off at the airport for our flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.