Wiki Posts
Search

Montevideo airport 3 hours to fill early morning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Montevideo airport 3 hours to fill early morning

Hi all,

I get in MVD at 5:30am and I'm going to get picked up at 8:30. I was looking at a map, and I was wondering if there is anything to do around the airport? Walk to the beach ? How safe is this area? Places to get breakfast? To visit?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
The area's very safe, but I'm not sure you can just walk out the airport and head to the beach - you've got to cross a highway at a roundabout; not sure if there are pedestrian crossings there.

You could take a public bus to Carrasco, the neighborhood closest to the airport, but at that hour I'm not sure there's really anything to do. I'd say just hang out at the airport - although sadly the food/drink options (at least as of a year ago) are pretty much limited to a McDonald's McCafe and some horrifically overpriced outlets.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
The area's very safe, but I'm not sure you can just walk out the airport and head to the beach - you've got to cross a highway at a roundabout; not sure if there are pedestrian crossings there.

You could take a public bus to Carrasco, the neighborhood closest to the airport, but at that hour I'm not sure there's really anything to do. I'd say just hang out at the airport - although sadly the food/drink options (at least as of a year ago) are pretty much limited to a McDonald's McCafe and some horrifically overpriced outlets.
Thanks. I saw this highway, and google maps tried its best to make me not cross it which made a convulated walk that took 2 hours at best.

I've opted for watching movies while waiting. Thanks for the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.