Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Iguazu: need 2 visas?

Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

Hi. Canadian. Landing IGU, see Brazil side of Iguacu Falls then over to Argentinian side for a day or so. Assume there is no option but to get the Brazil visa. At the Falls are they insistent on having a AR visa to go to that side? TIA
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Hi. Canadian. Landing IGU, see Brazil side of Iguacu Falls then over to Argentinian side for a day or so. Assume there is no option but to get the Brazil visa. At the Falls are they insistent on having a AR visa to go to that side? TIA

Yes, you need a Brazilian visa.
Yes, you need to pay the Argentine reciprocity fee online beforehand and carry the printed receipt to show at the border crossing.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I found Iguazu to be a pricey, but worthy, proposition.

I landed in Brazil (better flight options) and hopped into a taxi that took me to the Argentina side. That visa sure got a workout for the 30 minutes I was in Brazil!

Thankfully I had previously paid the Argentina reciprocity fee on a prior visit.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Thanks guys. Just working on the visa and reciprocity now.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I landed in Brazil (better flight options) and hopped into a taxi that took me to the Argentina side. That visa sure got a workout for the 30 minutes I was in Brazil!
Consider having it as an open invitation to return and really see the country!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.