Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bogota tips

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Uber from BOG

Will I have any problem using Uber from the airport to the Hampton in Usaquen?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:01 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Will I have any problem using Uber from the airport to the Hampton in Usaquen?
Maybe. I used Uber tonight, I normally go up to the second floor and stand by door 5 or 6. Now Uber tells you to put your door into the app and tells you to wait downstairs at arrivals. Most doors at arrivals you cannot pull up at. Tonight I phoned the guy and said I am upstairs, he said go downstairs and wait by door 9. Then he didn't even come into the airport. The cops are clamping down on Uber at the airport. If you speak Spanish and have roaming enabled then no problem. If you use the app then pick a door like 7, 8 or 9 but it's still complicated because only airport taxis and shuttle buses can drive down that first lane and there is no way of agreeing with your driver where you are going to meet (unless you call as above)
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN | UA 1K
although uber has really nice and new cars in colombia (especially when compared to the tiny chevrolet spark taxis), but their drivers are really a pain in the .... I still stick with the tappsi app.

Btw. never take a taxi from the lower level (every taxi in the city is allowed to get there), only take the ones on the upper level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.