Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Meeting point at BOG?

Meeting point at BOG?

Old May 27, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Meeting point at BOG?

On June 8th my wife and I are travelling independently to Bogota and we're due to arrive at the airport around the same time -

My wife is arriving on Air Canada 962 from Toronto, due in at 13:05

I'm on Avianca 45 from Mexico City, due in at 12:50

Can anyone suggest an easy-to-find location at BOG where we could meet before heading to our hotel?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:56 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yup, you don't want to hang around right by arrivals because it is already busy enough with gushing people that have not seen their loved ones for a whole weekend.

If you come through customs, bear right and go up the escalator, turn left at the top and walk away from departures then there is a place on your right called Crepes and Waffles. It is up some stairs or an elevator but adequately signposted. There whoever arrives first can sit down in relative tranquility and have a drink whilst waiting.

Alternatively, if you are sufficiently convinced that you will arrive at roughly the same time, you can meet in the baggage hall, you walk in then on your right about half way along there is a bathroom with a small duty free outlet next to it. That would be tricky to miss.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:57 pm

Good advice from Johnny Colombia.

I just passed through the airport last week.

Hes spot-on with the directions.

Theres also an elevator that will take you to the second floor (departures level). Once you get to the second floor, youll have to walk 20-30 meters to get to another elevator to take you up to Crepes & Waffles on the third floor.

And, if you turn the wrong way (left instead of right after you exit Customs), there are stairwells that will take you upstairs to the second floor, though hauling a suitcase up the stairs at 2750 meters is a good fitness test.

Theres also a McDonalds on the third floor, even easier to spot than the Crepes & Waffles from the second floor, though Im not certain how to get up to the McDonalds.

For me, though, its an easy choice to go to Crepes & Waffles.

The mens lavatory in the baggage hall was closed for construction when I passed through the baggage hall (22 May 2014)

The only mens room, I believe, between immigration and exit from Customs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.