Search

Falling in love with a country

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 7:57 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Falling in love with a country

I had no real expectations for this trip to Ecuador. I don't speak Spanish, I didn't know what I was going to do except cross off one of my bucket list items of visiting the Galapagos Islands. It has now been 7 weeks that I have been touring through Ecuador and it is like Paris for me - cannot wait to come back even though I haven't gone home yet

This country is definitely a lesson in cultural differences that's for sure. There are days when I just can't find words to express the confusion (and it has nothing to do with language disconnect). Then there are other days when I am dazed and blessed that I have had this opportunity to travel here. The biodiversity is amazing, the people, for the most part, are warm-hearted and kind, and the art and architecture rivals many other countries who are better known for it. This has been a real adventure and is reminding me that the world, albeit smaller than we think, is big and fascinating.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Excellent!! It's wonderful when you click with a place and just feel that connection. Enjoy it, and make plans to return
Old May 24, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Ecuador really is an amazing country. I fell in love with it too. (And I'm glad to hear you liked Cuenca after all.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.