Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medical mission trip to ecuador

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Medical mission trip to ecuador

I will be flying into Quito in mid May for about 4 weeks with a few of my fellow classmates for a medical mission trip. I will be flying out of Chicago(ord). So far prices are around 700$ round trip. I have over 100k amex points saved up and was looking for the best transfer rate to a airline that goes to quito for a reward ticket? any ideas?

thanks so much
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:22 am

Normal the best deal is when amex offers a bonus for transferring to an airline say an extra 25%. No idea when they next plan to run such a deal.

Unfortunately none of the airlines that are part of amex rewards offer flights to quito, however, you could see if any of them are partners with an airline that does. Thus transfer your points to the partner airline and then call a ticketing of that airline to book you..

The easiest option however might be to simply book your flight through amex's own website and use their "Pay with points" service. You're 100k amex points is the equiv of $1,000, more than enough for your flight. hope this helps!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
If you can't find a way to transfer your AMEX points you could check STA Travel (or other travel agencies for students) or simply purchase the $700 r/t fare through AMEX directly. $700 is a good price to Ecuador and I wouldn't expect a published fare to get any lower than that between now and May.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I am flying to UIO next week and booked my ticket MIA-UIO for $15 and 15K Alaska miles (on AA - non-stop one-way). May want to check that type of transfer.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Another possibly is AMEX MR to BAEC for Avios, opening up AA, LAN, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.