Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Santiago?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Santiago?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:01 pm

many thanks, for the advice, zpaul. Took your suggestion and booked the Sheraton using the Z3H rate -- which made it a very reasonable 3 night stay, and I will earn points rather than spend them.

Will report back on all 3 hotels when I get home in mid-February.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:31 am

Thought I would revive this thread rather than start a new one.

After a cruise that ends in Valparaiso my wife and I would like to stay in Santiago for a couple of days before returning to the US. We are considering staying in a hotel in Providencia rather than in the center of town. Is that a good idea for some relaxed sightseeing and choice of restaurants?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
Thought I would revive this thread rather than start a new one.

After a cruise that ends in Valparaiso my wife and I would like to stay in Santiago for a couple of days before returning to the US. We are considering staying in a hotel in Providencia rather than in the center of town. Is that a good idea for some relaxed sightseeing and choice of restaurants?
Providencia or Las Condes is an excellent idea. I prefer Providencia because it is closer to the centro for visiting friends. There will be a selection of more upscale hotels a bit further out. The centro does not have an abundance of name brand accommodations. Anywhere from a distance range of the Sheraton to the W will be suitable for your trip.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:09 pm

Excellent. So Providencia it is then. Thank you for your recommendation.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Panam Clipper,
We have stayed twice at the Radisson Plaza Santiago in Providencia and were very impressed each time. You can see my review here http://tinyurl.com/ohf543u

As an added bonus, the location of the hotel is opposite the Costanera Center, South America's largest shopping mall.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:27 am

Thank you. We will take this one into account.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:47 am

Which is best

Which is better in Santiago - the Ritz or the InterContinental. Does anyone know what the InterContinental executive lounge offers?

Many Thanks
Old May 18, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Trampolina
Which is better in Santiago - the Ritz or the InterContinental. Does anyone know what the InterContinental executive lounge offers?

Many Thanks
I have stayed in both. IMO the Ritz is better, hands down. It's also pricier.

I haven't been to the lounge at the IC since several years ago but last time I was there they had wine by the glass and some snacks. Nothing special.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:38 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Trampolina

Many Thanks
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Trampolina!
Old May 25, 2017, 5:46 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Looks like the Radisson has rebranded as an NH.

Question: Which SPG/Marriott gives the best chance of platinum upgrade into a suite? I'm traveling with two kids (10 and 13) so the extra room would come in really handy. I'm going in July if that helps. Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:21 pm

We are looking into'a short stay in SCL later in the year. Our travel agent is connected with SIGNATURE Travel network. Not sure what the pricing will be for Grand Hyatt but the amenities look real good: CLUB level upgrade which would help with all day munchies & drinks, daily breakfast, $/stay, and a large room.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
Looks like the Radisson has rebranded as an NH.

Question: Which SPG/Marriott gives the best chance of platinum upgrade into a suite? I'm traveling with two kids (10 and 13) so the extra room would come in really handy. I'm going in July if that helps. Thanks!
The Sheraton gives me a Junior Suite fairly consistently. It's got a separate lounge, but I'm not sure if the sofa is a pullout bed. The FP is also pretty good for upgrades although their suites are more like an oversized regular room (still nice). W and San Cristobal Tower can be stiny or hitm/miss with upgrades.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by 8dimsum
We are looking into'a short stay in SCL later in the year. Our travel agent is connected with SIGNATURE Travel network. Not sure what the pricing will be for Grand Hyatt but the amenities look real good: CLUB level upgrade which would help with all day munchies & drinks, daily breakfast, $/stay, and a large room.
Just FYI - the Grand Hyatt is no longer a Hyatt. Was looking at a Santiago trip for later in the year myself yesterday and they apparently de-flagged August 1.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
FYI. according to Hyatt existing reservations will be honored but no elite recognition and no points earning. Existing award reservations will be honored.

I do hope Hyatt comes up with a new hotel in Santiago as the Hyatt Place doesn't fit every travelers needs. Maybe something outside of the traditional Hyatt brands such as Andaz, Centric or the Unbound Collection.

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Just FYI - the Grand Hyatt is no longer a Hyatt. Was looking at a Santiago trip for later in the year myself yesterday and they apparently de-flagged August 1.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I do hope Hyatt comes up with a new hotel in Santiago as the Hyatt Place doesn't fit every travelers needs. Maybe something outside of the traditional Hyatt brands such as Andaz, Centric or the Unbound Collection.
I hope that Santiago starts (re)developing something new more central. All the newer development is to the east, and sometimes one doesn't want to stay out that way. This is why the Crowne Plaza can charge what it does. Or I occasionally stay at an Apart-hotel close to friends. I never used to care much, because taxis were so cheap, plentiful, and honest ... until a few years' back when the gypsy taxis started infiltrating Bellavista at night. Now, I'd much rather be closer to where I'm ending my evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.