PTY minimum connection time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE

Flying DEN-SCL with a connection of UA to CM in PTY. Anyone have experience with minimum connection times needed to not have to rush it? Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
For me, the biggest factor for computing MCT in PTY when connecting from UA is how late the UA plane will be. If your plane is on time, even if you are in the back row 45-50 minutes is fine.

Two weeks ago, I flew DEN-IAH-PTY-MDE. The connection time in PTY was supposed to be about 2 hours. UA was very late and I stepped off the plane with 20 minutes until my next departure. My gate was almost as far away as is possible in tiny PTY and I made it with 10 minutes to spare (though I was walking very fast).
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:27 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Lot's Answers!

Please look at the Copa Thread (Other South American Airlines). You'll find all the answers you are looking for there...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
Please look at the Copa Thread (Other South American Airlines). You'll find all the answers you are looking for there...
I will, thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolcoil
For me, the biggest factor for computing MCT in PTY when connecting from UA is how late the UA plane will be. If your plane is on time, even if you are in the back row 45-50 minutes is fine.

Two weeks ago, I flew DEN-IAH-PTY-MDE. The connection time in PTY was supposed to be about 2 hours. UA was very late and I stepped off the plane with 20 minutes until my next departure. My gate was almost as far away as is possible in tiny PTY and I made it with 10 minutes to spare (though I was walking very fast).
I guess I have some research to do since I thought I'd have to go through customs upon landing. Thanks for the reply in any case!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by c502cid
I guess I have some research to do since I thought I'd have to go through customs upon landing. Thanks for the reply in any case!
The transfer is just like it would be in a USA domestic airport. You do not claim your bags and do not go through immigration and customs. You only go through immigration if you want to leave the airport.

When you get off the plane, you will see signs pointing to immigration. Don't follow them.

On the plane to PTY, the FA's will come around with immigration forms and will ask if you final destination is PTY. When you answer "no," they don't give you the form.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by coolcoil
The transfer is just like it would be in a USA domestic airport. You do not claim your bags and do not go through immigration and customs. You only go through immigration if you want to leave the airport.

When you get off the plane, you will see signs pointing to immigration. Don't follow them.

On the plane to PTY, the FA's will come around with immigration forms and will ask if you final destination is PTY. When you answer "no," they don't give you the form.
Ahhh, perfect... good to know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.