Thanks for the feedback. I'm a little less excited about the 2-day journey but I'm literally at the cusp of it changing from the winter to spring schedule (prob around 8/29-30). Unfortuantely, I can't wait until 9/1 to do it. that does put a crimp in the planning.
I've read elsewhere that the views can be less than great if the weather doesn't hold up. I"m not that concerned about the views - it just seems like a cool trip to do especially with the uncertainty of flying to Bariloche these days.