Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Sleeping in SCL or overnight lounge access

Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I was briefly through SCL a few years ago so I don't have much recollection.

I have a reservation later this year where I'm flying LAN in from LIM and arriving at 1am. I will be leaving the following morning on LAN at 8am-ish to Easter Island.

Based upon that, i wasn't planning on getting a hotel room. I see there is a priority pass lounge in the international terminal that is open 24 hours but i'm not sure I can access it since the flight to easter island is a domestic flight.

Does anyone have any insight? thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I was briefly through SCL a few years ago so I don't have much recollection.

I have a reservation later this year where I'm flying LAN in from LIM and arriving at 1am. I will be leaving the following morning on LAN at 8am-ish to Easter Island.

Based upon that, i wasn't planning on getting a hotel room. I see there is a priority pass lounge in the international terminal that is open 24 hours but i'm not sure I can access it since the flight to easter island is a domestic flight.

Does anyone have any insight? thanks!
You cannot access the Pacific Club on the int'l side, and the domestic side lounge doesn't open until 0600. I don't know where you can camp out landside all that time - maybe a coffee shop is open, I am not sure.

There is a Holiday Inn right at the airport. It is less than a one minute walk once you go outside.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Yes - I was just planning on being cheap and avoiding having to get a hotel but it looks like i might have to invest in the HI
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Pacific Club (domestic) does have a rather utilitarian shower, so if you paid the day fee you should be able to use it just after 6am (if you otherwise kept yourself awake, and if the club opens on time).
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I face the same issue enroute to IPC in December.

I went ahead and booked the airport HI for 15000 reward points,
which you can buy for $90 if you know the secret password.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

I ended up doing the 5000 points + $60 offer which is a pretty good deal.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:58 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The Pacific Club (domestic) does have a rather utilitarian shower, so if you paid the day fee you should be able to use it just after 6am (if you otherwise kept yourself awake, and if the club opens on time).
Eastbay1K, according to the map on the Pacific Club website. There are two Pacific clubs, one with a shower and one that allows smoking

We are arriving at 5am from LIM and rather than dilly around for a day in Santiago then go to PMC on a bus, we have decided to have a scrub up in the Pacific Club lounge and fly straight down there the same morning.

Do you happen to know if it is possible to go into one lounge, have a shower, get a pass out to go to the other lounge for a smoke, then come back to the main lounge? I don't suppose they are interlinked are they?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Do you happen to know if it is possible to go into one lounge, have a shower, get a pass out to go to the other lounge for a smoke, then come back to the main lounge? I don't suppose they are interlinked are they?
No idea - they are near each other, but not linked like the ones on the Int'l side.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:09 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No idea - they are near each other, but not linked like the ones on the Int'l side.
OK cheers, then we´ll have to have a look see

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.