Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Easter Island -- my experience

Easter Island -- my experience

Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I've posted the first couple parts of a trip report here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-focused.html

Well, I hope they keep bringing back the super-cheap MEX-IPC with possibility of a stopover in LIM or SCL. Even though I got moai'ed out a bit as well, the Poike peninsula hike sounds quite worthwhile (a full day), and it appeared that tour companies went there infrequently. There are other trails and of course u can just hang out at Anakena Beach (which also has food stands, etc.)
Absolutely. Would go back in a heartbeat.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by chunky649
Tekarera didn't respond to all 3 of my emails attemping to make a rental car reservation. Any other recommended car rental place I can contact for an early morning rental?
So did you ever make it to Easter Island? Is there a write up/trip report? Just curious... years later!

-AD
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
So did you ever make it to Easter Island? Is there a write up/trip report? Just curious... years later!

-AD
Hi,

I'm off to Easter island september 2015 .

Any updates on the previous information?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by chunky649
Tekarera didn't respond to all 3 of my emails attemping to make a rental car reservation. Any other recommended car rental place I can contact for an early morning rental?
Here you can find what you're looking for, it's a complete car rental guide with contact info to the biggest car rental companies:
https://www.easterisland.travel/thin...do/car-rental/
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Easter Island is amazing! We went there during the off season of July (seasons opposite of US), and found it delightful. While the weather wasn't summer tropical, it was comfortable and the crowds were minimal. We stayed for 4 nights which was an ideal stay; not to short or too long. We saw the sites and still had time to relax a bit. I blogged a bit about it

here:http://thetravelingsteves.com/tourin...easter-island/

Enjoy the Island and have fun!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCOGUY
Easter Island is amazing! We went there during the off season of July (seasons opposite of US), and found it delightful. While the weather wasn't summer tropical, it was comfortable and the crowds were minimal. We stayed for 4 nights which was an ideal stay; not to short or too long. We saw the sites and still had time to relax a bit. I blogged a bit about it

here:http://thetravelingsteves.com/tourin...easter-island/

Enjoy the Island and have fun!
Thanks for the recommendation and great blog posts about Easter Island.
Just sent the resort an email asking for availability in April 2018.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt GLOB
Just booked the flights to go to Easter Island at the end of July. Any advice about where to stay and which tour operators to try? I've never been on a horse in my life, but I was thinking about trying a horseback riding tour as it seems the most efficient way to see the sites. We are staying 3 nights but only have 2 full days for sightseeing. Oh, and I am vegetarian so inclusive resorts are probably not my best bet.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: Everything
If you eat fish, you'll be fine.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by setec
Just booked the flights to go to Easter Island at the end of July. Any advice about where to stay and which tour operators to try? I've never been on a horse in my life, but I was thinking about trying a horseback riding tour as it seems the most efficient way to see the sites. We are staying 3 nights but only have 2 full days for sightseeing. Oh, and I am vegetarian so inclusive resorts are probably not my best bet.
Never ridden a horse, and thinking about booking a tour on horseback? I don't think that's a wise idea, unless you relish the idea of being sore the next day or two.

I rented a car for one day when I visited, which worked out well...I drove to almost all parts of the island that day.

Enjoy your visit!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.