Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Montevideo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United,
Question Gay Montevideo

Me and my partner will be in Montevideo on Feb 11 & 12, 2011. Any suggestions, places to go, meet people, perhaps gay guides?
Thanks,
R & B
Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Welcome to FT!

I understand that FT's structure can be a bit intimidating to new members (with over 15 million posts in over a million threads, it needs to be a bit complex to avoid chaos), and the topic areas overlap, but you may get better results for this question in the GBLT Travelers forum. If you click the "Search This Forum" button near the upper right of the forum directory page and enter "Montevideo" into the search field, you'll find several threads with promising titles. If you don't find what you need there, posting in one of them will probably generate useful responses.

(I assume you've already tried a Web search for "gay montevideo." It turned up a lot of promising hits, too.)
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Gay Montevideo

I went 3 years ago, and though the venues are changed Uruguay was one of the most welcoming gay destinations I have ever been to. The gay community will love you. Just get out there and meet some GLBT folks and the invitations to dinner and parties will pour in.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United,
Originally Posted by x1achilles
I went 3 years ago, and though the venues are changed Uruguay was one of the most welcoming gay destinations I have ever been to. The gay community will love you. Just get out there and meet some GLBT folks and the invitations to dinner and parties will pour in.
Thanks for that. We hope to meet people. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads-up.
R&B
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:30 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Try to post this topic on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/

I am sure you will get more insights. I've been to Montevideo, but I am afraid the gay scene pales in comparison to places such as Rio or Buenos Aires...

Rgs,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.