Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCL lounge questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:41 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post SCL lounge questions

OK.. so I have about 7 hours in SCL and would like to understand the lounge situation.... Im flying on LAN with a back of the bus chepo fare and have zilcho One World Status.

Can you purchase a day pass to the good lounges at SCL... if so, any idea on what this costs...?

As an alternative, one of my credit cards gifted me with a 1 year membership to Priority Pass.... does this give me any advantages or perks that I could put to any use for this...?

Thanks,
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Just to follow up... it appears that this Priority Pass membership that I have will give me a discounted daily rate at various lounges... the list of lounges that participate in this program that are at the International Terminals at SCL are the following:

- Salones VIP Pacific Club
- LAN Salon VIP Mistral
- American Airlines Admirals Club

Any feedback on these three lounges would be greatly appreciated.... I guess I need to decide at which one of these three "clubs" I will be spending my layovers.

Thanks again,
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I may be the resident expert on all 3 of them.

I know that the Pacific Club sells day passes. I don't know the current price, but I believe it last was about CL$8000. http://www.salonesvip.cl/?Item=convenios Some credit cards provide discounts. (Sorry, I didn't search through the site for the most updated info). This is the most spartan of the 3 lounges. I have been in this lounge exactly once. It is open 24 hrs. The snack and beverage selection is so-so, but if it was EZE, you'd find it exceptional

The AA lounge is probably the most pleasant space of the three. The food and beverage selection is so-so, but again, for EZE standards, it would be the best lounge there. However, this is the superior SCL.

The LAN Mistral lounge is the smaller of the two LAN lounges. It is fairly small and can get pretty crowded. However, the food selection is much better than the other two. It varies by the time of day, and some hours are better than others. The beverage selection is far far superior to the others. Generally, LAN has the 5 onboard wines and the onboard champagne available for self-pour. [IMG][/IMG] The Mistral lounge should have similar/same. I won't know the current wine list until next Monday. LAN has been serving Louis Roederer Brut Premier for the past year-plus. They also generally have fresh fruit juices. Typically I make a send-off drink of Absolut Mandrin and jugo de damasco with some fizzy water just prior to departure. This, of course, is after the bubbles and wine sampling. You will generally have 2 whites (either both chileno or one chileno one argentino - typically a Sauv Blanc and a Chard) and 3 reds - typically 2 chileno - typically one asemblaje, one cab or carmenere, and one from your patria.

I haven't been in these 3 lounges in awhile - I did do the "hopping" back when LAN's Neruda lounge was being renovated and only Mistral was open, seriously overcrowded, so I used my Priority Pass to sample the rest of the airport.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks... so you have a Priority Pass membership.... does it get you into these lounges for free or do you have to pay..?

Aside from the F&B which Im less interested in... I want to know about internet access, Wifi, etc..... do you have any insight on this..?? A lounge is useless if I cant access FT... duh...

Thanks,
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Thanks... so you have a Priority Pass membership.... does it get you into these lounges for free or do you have to pay..?

Aside from the F&B which Im less interested in... I want to know about internet access, Wifi, etc..... do you have any insight on this..?? A lounge is useless if I cant access FT... duh...

Thanks,
Gaucho100K
My PP gets me in for free (guests US$27). They all have internet access. All have available terminals - Mistral probably 10 in the back room. AA, a few (not as many) and Pacific Club, I don't recall, but more than AA. I think they all have Wifi, but I have always used the available terminals as I'm not really doing any work worthy of the laptop.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:14 am

Programs: QF-Gold
I can confirm that the Mistral and Pacific Club both have wireless, not sure about the Admirals Club. Personally I found the Mistral far nicer than the PC.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/22.2.110; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) BrowserNG/7.1.4)

The Mistral seems to be the place to be I guess.... Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:21 am
Original Poster

If anybody is in SCL on Monday 10/25 let me know.... I will camping out at the Mistral Lounge....

Cheers,
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 23, 2010, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Guys... why is it that the official SCL website has no mention of the Mistral lounges inside the International Terminal...?? Does this mean I need to transfer to the domestic terminal...?

From what I read on the website, there is only mention of the Admirals Club and there are two entries for Pacific Club.... ???????
Old Oct 23, 2010, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guys... why is it that the official SCL website has no mention of the Mistral lounges inside the International Terminal...?? Does this mean I need to transfer to the domestic terminal...?

From what I read on the website, there is only mention of the Admirals Club and there are two entries for Pacific Club.... ???????
http://www.aeropuertosantiago.cl/salones-vip/index.html

You need new anteojos. (Or maybe it is the strange dialect, in print )
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Ok... so I have to give a huge Kudos / Thumbs up to LAN on running an excellent lounge here at the Mistral VIP Club....

Friendly and efficient staff, good food, adequate Champagne, excellent red wine (from Argentina - to my great surprise), free WiFi, decent chairs, smoking lounge, free computer terminals.....

Congratulations to LAN and thank you MasterCard Black for my Priority Pass Membership.... ^
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok... so I have to give a huge Kudos / Thumbs up to LAN on running an excellent lounge here at the Mistral VIP Club....
Hopefully they will be able to open an EZE lounge one of these days. Of course, good wine and food in an EZE lounge would put the entire airport into shock. (And then, all the AA flyers will not want to use the AC anymore.)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Im back at the Mistral Lounge again....... its great to fuel up on the Roederer before my last 2 hour hop over the Andes. Hmm... with my credit card spending this trip, I should be at about 100,000 LanPass kilometers.... what the heck can I do with em'...????
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:14 pm

Question

I will be in the same situation as the OP in a couple weeks. Thanks to the great insight from FT memebers, I will check out Mistral lounge (and post review here).
* However, saw something that caught my eye - Does the Pacifico lounge offer free internatinal calls? (I read in my prority pass book). Might make that a viable option as my GF and I would like to get caught up with friends and family back home + this would help pass the time much quicker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.