Wiki Posts
Search

flysaa.com is down

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA BD SA
Angry flysaa.com is down

Seems the web site has gone on strike too.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:15 pm

I must be the beneficiary of an interdict, as of 2:14 East Coast Time, 2017-04-28, I can get to https://www.flysaa.com/ main home landing page via Firefox on a Mac in the Washington, D.C. USA area.

Good luck.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

It came back after a few hours - I can't be sure exactly when as I didn't check non-stop.

It showed as down on downforeveryoneorjustme.com so it must have been a total blackout for the time it was down.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
"Down" is only marginally more dysfunctional compared to the normal operation of the flysaa.com website.....
Old May 2, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh
"Down" is only marginally more dysfunctional compared to the normal operation of the flysaa.com website.....
Sadly, that is very true. I have just attempted to update my profile and activate a "booking profile" as I want to book a flight with SA for the first time in ages. It lets you go through all the motions and submit - but when you check nothing has updated!! They should have worked on functionality instead of their much trumpeted new look.

Am now at 38 minutes on hold for Voyager and enduring the worst background "music" ever: nauseatingly repetitive drumming - it's the aural equivalent to water torture. I'm going to give up now before I lose the will to live.

In a country with massive unemployment, a state-owned enterprise that sucks up billions of taxpayers' rands can't staff a call centre adequately.

Oh and the long introductory message before you get to choose an option helpfully informs you that miles expire on 31 March 2017 so to get your awards done before then. More than a month later they can't be bothered to change it!

Everything about this outfit just reeks of their couldn't care attitude. It's hard to endure SAA - let alone like them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.