Wiki Posts
Search

New A330-300 Pictures (LOS - JNB)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, EK Gold
New A330-300 Pictures (LOS - JNB)

Some of my recent flights have been on SAA's newly leased A330-300s. It is a vast improvement over the existing A340s and might now be one of my favourite hard products.

Both Y and C is very comfortable, with excellent seat design, phenomenal IFE and all the quiet comfort of a brand new plane. All seats feature power points and direct mini-jack audio output.

Since there aren't many pics up yet, I've decided to post a few here. (mods - move to Trip Reports if more appropriate)

http://imgur.com/a/O6A6D

(Apologies for posting a link here, but it's the only option since even though it's 2017 and we still cannot upload pics directly and to add insult to injury you can't even embed an album.)

Let me know if you have any questions. Recommended with no reservations.

Last edited by kobuse; Feb 11, 2017 at 10:51 am
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
The bedding looks fantastic !
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, UA MP
SAA a330-300

Looking to book a Sept flight from IAD-JNB on the new planes. Really not sure why SAA has not put them on its website, even seatguru does not acknowledge their existence.

I think SAA should load up on these when finances allow, retire the 340 fleet, and eventually upgrade to 789 or 350.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:26 pm

I stand corrected

Originally Posted by annezbillb
Looking to book a Sept flight from IAD-JNB on the new planes. Really not sure why SAA has not put them on its website, even seatguru does not acknowledge their existence.

I think SAA should load up on these when finances allow, retire the 340 fleet, and eventually upgrade to 789 or 350.
The new planes are now on the SAA website, but no seat map.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:50 am
Company Representative, SAA

SAA's New A330-300 Aircraft

Originally Posted by annezbillb
The new planes are now on the SAA website, but no seat map.
Hello annezbillb,

Thank you for your interest in South African Airways.

We're sorry to hear that you encountered an issue while trying to display a seat map while trying to make your reservation. Was it that the seat map didn't display during the booking process, while trying to choose a seat, or were you just looking for a general layout of the A330-300? You should be able to locate information on that aircraft by visiting https://www.flysaa.com/plan-book/tra...rbus-a330-2-1#.

There are still updates being done to the page, but it does provide a seat map towards the bottom, which can be zoomed for easier review of the layout.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Call Center at 1 (800) 722-9675.

Thank you.
South African Airways - North America

Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:13 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Wow - that's night and day better than the old product.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:50 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by FlySAAUSA
Hello annezbillb,

We're sorry to hear that you encountered an issue while trying to display a seat map while trying to make your reservation. Was it that the seat map didn't display during the booking process, while trying to choose a seat, or were you just looking for a general layout of the A330-300? You should be able to locate information on that aircraft by visiting https://www.flysaa.com/plan-book/tra...rbus-a330-2-1#.

There are still updates being done to the page, but it does provide a seat map towards the bottom, which can be zoomed for easier review of the layout.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Call Center at 1 (800) 722-9675.

Thank you.

Wonder what they mean with 'limited seat comfort' for some Y seats...
Aren't all Y seats limited in comfort.....
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Wonder what they mean with 'limited seat comfort' for some Y seats...
Aren't all Y seats limited in comfort.....

But some are more limited than others - apparently the pitch varies from 30" to 32".
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:13 pm

There's an illustrated article on the design of the J cabin here:
http://www.designboom.com/design/pri...ft-02-06-2017/

And another from Business Traveller" using the same pictures here:
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...usiness-class/
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
There's an illustrated article on the design of the J cabin here:
http://www.designboom.com/design/pri...ft-02-06-2017/

And another from Business Traveller" using the same pictures here:
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...usiness-class/
Gosh, full of marketing dribble it is:

the dark anthracite of contemporary south african architecture and cityscapes, with the use of rich saturated golden tones of winter sun and earthen landscapes. additionally, tones including burnt red and blues signify the ethnic color burst of civilization within the landscape.
ethnic color burst of civilisation....? I'll have to go and investigate the 'landscape' and look for it. ;-)

Have you flown on this, Cheetah_SA? It looks very nice.
After having ditched Voyager and the Voyager CC (they became frighteningly uncompetitive), I am now almost exclusively on EK for my Europe longhauls and on BA for shorthaul, both in Europe and in SA.
Love the EK F product which I access through miles upgrades! ^
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Have you flown on this, Cheetah_SA? It looks very nice.
After having ditched Voyager and the Voyager CC (they became frighteningly uncompetitive), I am now almost exclusively on EK for my Europe longhauls and on BA for shorthaul, both in Europe and in SA.
Love the EK F product which I access through miles upgrades! ^
No, I haven't flown it. I only ever fly SA to use up my Voyager miles these days so I would need the alignment of several planets before I do that: JourneyBlitz availability, on a route I want to travel, with that craft rostered, etc. I have, however, seen the new amenity kit, if that counts! (I used to redeem SA award seats with Avianca LifeMiles - but they no longer have access to SA award seats.)

Rather than go to EK as you have, I have become a QR aficionado. Great fares, generous mileage promos and excellent on-board product (for now!) - so far it's working well for me! No F on most routes, but a nicer J cabin than EK for the most part IMO - especially when they fly the 787 from CPT.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:07 pm

Nice of SAA to respond, and yes, they did update the website to show seatmaps. I have great respect for SAA and hope they return to profitability as soon as possible. The A333 is a great upgrade for them, let us hope their finances allow more fleet upgrades.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by FlySAAUSA
Hello annezbillb,

Thank you.

OMG, please please please switch out the A340 I am schedule to fly on in June from FRA-JNB with one of these new A330. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.