Wiki Posts
Search

JNB Domestic lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
JNB Domestic lounge access

Apologies if this has been answered before but can't find anything. I will be arriving on an LX flight from ZRH in J and connecting to an Airlink flight later the same day. Am I able to access the SAA domestic lounge before my Airlink flight on the basis of my same day flight (arrival) in J on a Star Alliance carrier? Having looked at the SAA site I think that it is implied that I can but it is not clear.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:32 am

It doesn't look good.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
No, you won't be able to, unless you have Star Gold.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Thanks both - Bidvest it will be then as I am a Priority Pass member.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If your connection is long enough, you an use the SAA arrivals lounge just past the exit from customs, then head over to the domestic terminal. I don't think the domestic PP lounges have showers (if that's what you'd also like ot make use of, or have breakfast before your onward flight).
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
If your connection is long enough, you an use the SAA arrivals lounge just past the exit from customs, then head over to the domestic terminal....
I thought the SAA arrival lounge was only available to SAA Pax, not LX.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by gcuk
I thought the SAA arrival lounge was only available to SAA Pax, not LX.
Confirmed.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
If your connection is long enough, you an use the SAA arrivals lounge just past the exit from customs, then head over to the domestic terminal. I don't think the domestic PP lounges have showers (if that's what you'd also like ot make use of, or have breakfast before your onward flight).
The JNB bidvest lounge does have a shower, you need to ask for towels at the entrance.

http://www.bidvestlounge.co.za/Forms/LoungesMatrix.aspx
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Wondering if we can use the lounge...here is our situation.

I'm star alliance gold as is my wife. Traveling with my in-laws and two sons 10 and 11. We will be arriving on a flight back from the Kruger area on SAA, and then have a hefty layover at JNB until we depart on Emirates for Chicago via Dubai.

Would we be able to get 4 people in on our star alliance status and then use United day passes for the other 2? Or could we purchase day passes?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Wondering if we can use the lounge...here is our situation.

I'm star alliance gold as is my wife. Traveling with my in-laws and two sons 10 and 11. We will be arriving on a flight back from the Kruger area on SAA, and then have a hefty layover at JNB until we depart on Emirates for Chicago via Dubai.

Would we be able to get 4 people in on our star alliance status and then use United day passes for the other 2? Or could we purchase day passes?
You'll be arriving at the domestic terminal and then departing from the international. The terminals and thus lounges are entirely separated. You won't be able to use the SAA international lounge if your outbound international is on Emirates. That said, there are lounges in the international terminal which will accept cash visits (or Priority Club or similar).

Just as a secondary point, I don't think SAA will accept United day passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.