Search

Lounge at JNB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Lounge at JNB

Hello,

Will fly J between JNB and Maun. Does the lounge in JNB have shower facilities that I can use?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Hertz Pres Circle
Yes...SAA Star Alliance lounge at JNB has shower facilities...clean and also excellent water pressure.

Last edited by 2stepbay; Jan 1, 2016 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I do not have a physical card for my Star Gold membership with Avianca Brazil (O6). Will this prevent me from gaining access to the lounge at JNB?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:38 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Possibly, or maybe not.

I have Aegean Gold, the lounges always used to ask for my card, but the last few times (incl last week) they haven't asked, even when using the mobile boarding pass which doesn't show status. Based on that I think that they must now be able to access your status from your booking, which would indicate that you'll be fine.

Probably.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:38 pm
azj

First time SAA flyer here. I'm Star Gold, arriving JNB from HKG in transit to CPT. Flying in business class, it appears I'll be able to visit the arrivals, premium and the VIA lounges? Any tips for a long transit from about 7am to noon?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
@azj
From what I remember at JNB the International & Domestic areas are divided even though all in the same building. You have to pass immigration & security to pass from A (International) to B (Domestic) and can't stay in the international area unless in transit (though this may have changed, anyone?). You'll be arriving and doing immigration, customs (as this is your POE for South Africa), recheck bags with SAA upstairs and then do security at Terminal B (Domestic) where you'll have access to the SAA Premium Class Lounge. It has showers, food & drink.

The arrivals lounge is after exiting Customs and from what I hear it's not worth it. The advantages are it will be a time burner and would allow you to access fresh clothes in your checked luggage for the shower and repack your flight clothes before rechecking the luggage.

A review of the Domestic lounge can be found here. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-johannesburg/
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by azj
First time SAA flyer here. I'm Star Gold, arriving JNB from HKG in transit to CPT. Flying in business class, it appears I'll be able to visit the arrivals, premium and the VIA lounges? Any tips for a long transit from about 7am to noon?
I agree with Yoshi212. Having used both extensively, I would suggest the arrivals lounge for a quick shower if you're going straight into town. It's not designed for much more than that. If you're transiting then the VIA lounge is bigger, more modern with better food and amenities.

That said, since the arrivals lounge is after immigration/customs you'll have access to all your bags. However, since VIA lounge is after the domestic security checkpoint you'll only have access to your carry-on.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:32 am
azj

Thanks Yoshi and Evan... I'll be in transit, albeit a long one, so was hoping for a shower. I can wait until I get to my hotel in CPT however. No worries.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by azj
Thanks Yoshi and Evan... I'll be in transit, albeit a long one, so was hoping for a shower. I can wait until I get to my hotel in CPT however. No worries.
Both lounges do have adequate shower facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.