SA Voyager "JourneyBlitz" awards

Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA BD SA
SA Voyager "JourneyBlitz" awards

Voyager is offering a redemption seat sale:

We are excited to bring you the very first JourneyBlitz Awards redemption seat sale.

SAA has released an unprecedented number of seats, exclusive to SAA-operated flights network-wide for the next 365 days, for this redemption seat sale.

Although the released seats are mostly during off-peak periods, we hope that you will nevertheless benefit for some - or perhaps all - of your planned redemption travel. The JourneyBlitz Awards mileage thresholds are on average 70% to 85% less in Miles than the Dynamic Awards. These seats are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and the sale is valid until 30 April 2015.

All levies, taxes and/or surcharges for JourneyBlitz Awards are for your own account. Mileage thresholds as per the below JourneyBlitz Award Chart are flight sector based and therefore one Award is required per flight sector. For example; the mileage threshold for a return Business Class ticket between Cape Town and London will be calculated as follows:

Cape Town to Johannesburg 9,100 Miles
Johannesburg to London 35,700 Miles
London to Johannesburg 35,700 Miles
Johannesburg to Cape Town 9,100 Miles
Total Mileage Required: 89,600 Miles
I took a stab at booking something. Asked for business and got quoted economy. Tried to click on another date and the whole thing crashed with some IT message.

Don't have time to muck around with this now so will pass this time round.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Voyager is offering a redemption seat sale:

I took a stab at booking something. Asked for business and got quoted economy. Tried to click on another date and the whole thing crashed with some IT message.

Don't have time to muck around with this now so will pass this time round.
I just managed to book two business class awards for Perth. Awesome deal, in December too!! Amazed availability was there, I ended up have to travel one day earlier then planned and home one day later. I can live with that!!!

Really over the moon, wow.

Found two dates in HKG too if anyone is interested in business?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
I just managed to book two business class awards for Perth. Awesome deal, in December too!! Amazed availability was there, I ended up have to travel one day earlier then planned and home one day later. I can live with that!!!

Really over the moon, wow.

Found two dates in HKG too if anyone is interested in business?
Excellent! Really happy it worked out for you.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Voyager
I found awesome availability as well. 3400 miles o/w to Cape Town. Leave on a Friday back on a Monday. What bothers me is the taxes and how much they build into the "fuel surcharge"... I did not book as "taxes" are R 1490pp and one dan fly MN or JE for R 1 980 with more specials to be released during the year.

Long haul J seems good value though.

P.S.did anyone else find a price to HKG for R 6 000? And that is a rev ticket without mileage redemption!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation JourneyBlitz is back!

They're back people. Until 5 March.

Fill yer boots - its the only time your miles have any value to speak of.

Example: 2 J tickets JNB/CPT
"Dynamic awards": 67 268 miles
"JourneyBlitz awards": 18 200 miles

Last edited by Cheetah_SA; Feb 29, 2016 at 12:34 pm Reason: example added
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: QR,VS
Finding available flights

To those lucky ones that have managed to secure a booking...

How much searching around did you do? Did you just login to Voyager and use their flight search? None of my dates seem to work (JNB/JFK Dec departure with a Jan return).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another tool you're using to get a vague window of when seats are available?

Thanks,
Dusan
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: QR,VS
Originally Posted by dusanb
To those lucky ones that have managed to secure a booking...

How much searching around did you do? Did you just login to Voyager and use their flight search? None of my dates seem to work (JNB/JFK Dec departure with a Jan return).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another tool you're using to get a vague window of when seats are available?

Thanks,
Dusan
Answered my own question - used ExpertFlyer to narrow down the date range where I could eventually find something with Voyager's broken redemption search. I too had many opaque errors like "Entity to Large" etc but eventually got the booking done!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
We would like to say a big thank-you to all of you who started this thread, and of course to FT. We immediately went online and got, after a few trials, 2 business tickets to HKG and the total tax for 2 persons is R1860. The problems we faced initially included: (1) looking at Feb, 2017. After speaking to someone at the SAA helpdesk, he informed us that for HKG, the deadline for travelling would be end of Jan, 2017. This may vary for other destinations and by the way, the redemption must be done online by oneself, the helpdesk cannot help you. (2) Certain dates for the flights we wanted were not available, and you will just have to re-enter new dates until you get what you want. Good luck, everyone!
on-a-stick likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:48 am
Original Poster

In the past this was a rare occurrence but SA has been making a bit of a habit of Journeyblitz lately. Now to coincide with Black Friday etc. they are offering it this weekend again.

There also seems to be more availability; I have found (and booked) seats on a date that wasn't previously available. Could just be coincidence of course...

So if are trying to clear your account or you have miles expiring in March, tuck in.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

They're available again - until tomorrow. Good opportunity to use up any miles that might expire in March.

They really are making a habit of this. Not sure why I'm surprised - the take up at standard rates must be dismal.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Heavens, they're back again! Until 15 March.

With the frequency that they are offering these cheap awards it's almost like the old scheme again.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:50 am
Original Poster

They are available again. I received no notification but just happened to look at my account to see if any miles were expiring on 31 March - and lo and behold!

18,200 miles plus R2345 for 2 pax CPT-JNB in business. Very happy with that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.