SAA207 DKR stop - Stay onboard?

Subscribe
The subject basically says it all. I'm considering booking SAA207 JNB-DKR-IAD but would like to know first whether I will be allowed to stay onboard in DKR or not?
SAA207 DKR stop - Stay onboard?
Unless you are staying Dakar you have to stay on board. There will a quick clean and a security check, where you will need to grab you carry on and hold it while they do the check.
Darn, I was hoping to get off. Thanks for the answer either way.
Quote: Darn, I was hoping to get off. Thanks for the answer either way.
Ive done this flight on Delta a few years ago and similar stops with Brussels Airlines. Why can't they let pax off and keep them in a transit area? Seems like the security sweep would be more real since pax can move things around to prevent staff from seeing them if they are on board. Plus, it gives people a chance to take a breather.
In the old days when they used to stop at SAL, you had the option of disembarking and walking to the small terminal building. The link to the picture captures it pretty well. The sight of two SAA 747's parked behind each other on this tiny island always blew me away. But at DKR (and previously ACC), the logistics of bussing pax who want to get off to the terminal and then bussing them back is not worth the hassle and would likely just contribute to additional delays. At SAL there was no where to go really so letting people off wasn't an issue. It was also the only place that we would us doors L1 and L2!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/South...4a1217834d1acf