Search

Qatar / E-cigarettes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Qatar / E-cigarettes

I am looking for up to date information on e-cigarettes in Qatar. Most of what I have read online suggests there is a complete ban.

I have a flight from IAH to JNB, with an 8.5hr layover at DOH. I would like to leave the airport during the layover, but I will have my e-cigarette with me.

Some online sources claim that e-cigs will be confiscated on arrival, but that I will be able to claim it back on my return to the airport.

Does anyone have any up to date information on this?

Alternatively, does anyone know if there is an airside left luggage facility at DOH, where I can just ditch my day-pack for 8 hours?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
This link seems to support your concerns >>> http://www.gulf-times.com/story/4812...igarette-sales
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
This link seems to support your concerns >>> http://www.gulf-times.com/story/4812...igarette-sales
Looking around, there seems to be quite a few horror stories online. It's definitely something I want to find a solution to in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
=
Alternatively, does anyone know if there is an airside left luggage facility at DOH, where I can just ditch my day-pack for 8 hours?
You could book a hotel room in the airport.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1120A
You could book a hotel room in the airport.
I had been trying to avoid that, as the airside transit hotel is thunderously expensive.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I`m not aware of any airside left luggage facilities at HIA except for the lockers in the Qryx lounge, which is accessible for non-QR premium passengers or by paying ~$50 for a day pass.
The Al-Maha lounge (accessible via priority pass) may also have baggage storage facilities.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:17 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Moderator Note

Just a quick reminder that this is the Smoking Lounge and questions about airport luggage storage are best asked in their appropriate forum-and for Qatar, please use this forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/

Thanks for your cooperation

goalie
Smoking Lounge Co-moderator
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Al-Safwa (First Class) lounge has a smoking room -- I believe Al-Mourjan does too. Al-Safwa also has sleeping rooms.

Not telling you to buy a refundable first class ticket to be able to smoke and sleep without leaving airport, but...
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:08 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moderator's note:

Per the request above

questions about airport luggage storage are best asked in their appropriate forum....
the post that had been on this thread about storage at an airline's lounge has been moved to the airline forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27526638-post2450.html

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Smoking Lounge

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 28, 2016 at 7:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.