Accruing AP Miles on ST FF Programmes after AZ/AP merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire

Wasn't really sure on which forum to post this...

So, starting on January 13th, with the AZ/AP merger, will one be able to accrue SkyTeam miles (we know one will be able to accrue MilleMiglia miles, but I am now talking about other ST FF Programmes, e.g. Flying Blue, OnePass, etc.) on AP-operated and/or AP-coded flights?

In my case, for instance, I will soon be flying from Italy to the US on 2 connecting flights. When I bought the ticket last September, both were going to be AZ (coded and operated) flights; it now turns out only one will be AZ, the other AP.

Will I be able to get Flying Blue miles on it? If not, would it be possible to file a complaint, on the basis that, in October, I chose to buy an AZ ticket just so I could earn miles?

Cheers!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
I have the same question. Does anybody know?
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
This link on the UK AZ site seems to imply that you can earn for ST. It's not exactly 100% clear though.

http://www.alitalia.com/GB_EN/millem...aliaairone.htm
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
This link on the UK AZ site seems to imply that you can earn for ST. It's not exactly 100% clear though.

http://www.alitalia.com/GB_EN/millem...aliaairone.htm
No, all it says is that AP-operated flights will count both as EQM and RDM for AZ's own programme (MIllemiglia). It says nothing on earning on other programmes.
Each programme will have its own rules but, generally speaking, most of them won't allow earning on AP as AP is not part of ST, notwithstanding the AZ/AP integration. Many programmes, however, allow you to claim miles in case of involuntary rerouting on another airline. The OP's situation would fall within this. But that is a matter for each individual programme and the question is better asked in the forum of the relevant FFP rather than the ST one.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
So a broader question is when will AP be fully integrated into Skyteam? Is that dependent on when its operating certificates are merged with AZ?
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
So a broader question is when will AP be fully integrated into Skyteam? Is that dependent on when its operating certificates are merged with AZ?
How long is a piece of string? There have been too many twists and turnarounds in the AZ saga.

You may want to have a look at this thread on the AZ forum where that kind of info, to the extent that it is available, is collated.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by NickB
How long is a piece of string? There have been too many twists and turnarounds in the AZ saga.

You may want to have a look at this thread on the AZ forum where that kind of info, to the extent that it is available, is collated.
Cool thanks. Looks like a piece of string is at least as long as 118 not-yet-definitive pages of Flyertalk thread, and probably much more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.