Suspended

Originally Posted by KQ321
According to this article:

SV will join in May this year
ME will join in June
AR will join in August
MF will join in November
GA will at the end of 2012
Title of the article "SkyTeam Focuses On India, Brazil" is misleading. Looking at the list of new entrants shows India is not in focus at all.

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Oh, joy! SV will be the first to join. I'm sure there will be another PR debacle for DL wrapped up in that one.
SV will not be my airline of choice,but it might be suitable for some. Devout Muslims traveling to Saudi Arabia and beyond.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:32 am
UMD

Originally Posted by Spirow
Seems that GA taking more than 2 years to join (a little.longer than expected).
The word on the street is that the delay is caused by GA having issues in getting its current reservation system upgraded to Skyteam's standard properly. It seems that GA's old management decided to skip a lot of upgrades. What is good is that the new management under Mr. Satar has poured a lot of money to upgrade the system and has finally figured out the process to fully integrate it with Skyteam's network before the year end or in GA's own management word in its latest corporate video for the shareholders by early 2013 (just in case if there are a few glitches again)

Bravo to GA for its dedication to join an alliance and Skyteam especially.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Yaatri
SV will not be my airline of choice,but it might be suitable for some. Devout Muslims traveling to Saudi Arabia and beyond.
I'm not sure "SV" and "suitable" belong in the same sentence.

Originally Posted by UMD
The word on the street is that the delay is caused by GA having issues in getting its current reservation system upgraded to Skyteam's standard properly.
Maybe someday DL will get their IT upgraded to SkyTeam's standard. If GA is only trying to match DL's levels, then I cannot imagine what they were using for reservations before. Maybe carrier pigeons?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Yaatri
SV is a fine airline, as long as you aren't an alcoholic. And lots of business people travel to the Kingdom. Plus I will be interested in perhaps routing flights to Africa or Asia on SV, if the price is right and they begin to correctly handle visa-free transits at RUH. And they have an excellent First Class. ^
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by stimpy
SV is a fine airline, as long as you aren't an alcoholic. And lots of business people travel to the Kingdom. Plus I will be interested in perhaps routing flights to Africa or Asia on SV, if the price is right and they begin to correctly handle visa-free transits at RUH. And they have an excellent First Class. ^
I've only flown a couple of GCC routes, so can't really comment on the quality of service overall, but I wouldn't count on using SV for much transit. Their time-table is apparently geared toward O&D travel: few routes other than regional ones have frequencies of more than three or four times per week, and connections are not very convenient. Spending 4+ hours in the airport with no visa is a grim proposition. Let's hope they fix these matters over time.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by stimpy
I realized that I watched Lockup Aboard a couple weeks ago. The man who came into Saudi Arabia to bring the alcohol from checked bag but, he was stopped at customs. "Alcohol is not permitted." customs is remove it from his bag. After he spent a weeks in Saudi Arabia to meet his friends but, he sneaks lots of alcohol into the entire country. After that Saudi royal police were arrested him. He was sentenced 4 years & 480 lashes. Because alcohol is banned in Saudi Arabia.

Here the stories:

http://www.clicker.com/tv/locked-up-...egger-1859338/

Becuase alcohol is prohibited. That's why he got sneaks lots of the alcoholic beverage into the country. When chef Gordon who recently moved to Saudi Arabia from U.K.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:44 am

I realized that I watched Lockup Aboard a couple weeks ago. The man who came into Saudi Arabia to bring the alcohol from checked bag but, he was stopped at customs. "Alcohol is not permitted." customs is remove it from his bag. After he spent a weeks in Saudi Arabia to meet his friends but, he sneaks lots of alcohol into the entire country. After that Saudi royal police were arrested him. He was sentenced 4 years & 480 lashes. Because alcohol is banned in Saudi Arabia.
i'd watch that story on NGC too.

AA ?
from what i'd follow on other forum (airliners.net), there's a speculation that DL would buy AA's stakes. but i think, the situation between 3 alliances will be unbalanced if the rumor is real & happen.

has finally figured out the process to fully integrate it with Skyteam's network before the year end or in GA's own management word in its latest corporate video for the shareholders by early 2013 (just in case if there are a few glitches again)
customers will be tired to waiting. be faster, be better. let's hope GA will join ST on this year, and IT issues fully fixed.

Last edited by Spirow; Jan 15, 2012 at 2:41 am
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Emerald Exec Elite
Virgin Australia shortly

I see a little bit of recent discussion here about Virginia Australia with some references and speculation that downplay the possibility VA will join SkyTeam. I just returned from a long trip to Oz and two different VA lounge employees (both of whom seemed rather knowledgeable) confirmed that an announcement was expected soon or imminent. I've seen lots of the tangible pieces moving into place already (code-sharing, mileage earning, lounge reciprocity, etc.). Apparently, the announcement was to have occurred in Dec but was delayed for various minor reasons.

shawn.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by cougartoo
I see a little bit of recent discussion here about Virginia Australia with some references and speculation that downplay the possibility VA will join SkyTeam. I just returned from a long trip to Oz and two different VA lounge employees (both of whom seemed rather knowledgeable) confirmed that an announcement was expected soon or imminent. I've seen lots of the tangible pieces moving into place already (code-sharing, mileage earning, lounge reciprocity, etc.). Apparently, the announcement was to have occurred in Dec but was delayed for various minor reasons.

shawn.
Interesting thought...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Originally Posted by cougartoo

shawn.

Now this is something I could get behind as I now will have to travel to OZ on business. However, I hope joining SkyTeam won't kill the J award availability.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
I wonder if VA joining Skyteam would increase the likelihood of VS following at a later date?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus: Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Studio54
I wonder if VA joining Skyteam would increase the likelihood of VS following at a later date?
It probably would, though I would have thought that VS would have made the first move. Also, from what I can tell, VA has a pretty good thing going by tying up with everyone not in oneworld, so I don't see many advantages for them joining skyteam or star alliance at the moment.

Besides, with SRB, who knows when any actual alliance moves will take place (I think we are in month 5 of "alliance decision coming soon").

Last edited by rurouni212; Jan 28, 2012 at 7:35 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:19 am

It depends anyways. But I don't think VS will follow VA when it comes to join ST or *A, as although they both from same company and same owner, but they operate independently.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by T.A.Music
It depends anyways. But I don't think VS will follow VA when it comes to join ST or *A, as although they both from same company and same owner, but they operate independently.
Right. they are currently independently and not an codehare or partnership.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by UMD
What is good is that the new management under Mr. Satar has poured a lot of money to upgrade the system and has finally figured out the process to fully integrate it with Skyteam's network before the year end or in GA's own management word in its latest corporate video for the shareholders by early 2013 (just in case if there are a few glitches again)
Are those came from the youtube link that i post?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.