Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam to India

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
Skyteam to India

Which skyteam member has the best Business class from the US to India (BOM or MAA)? I plan to go in October. BTW with DL buying NWA, would Skymiles be redeemable on NWA partners like Jet?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

DL on their 772LR is better than CO's BF product for the non-stops to BOM. For MAA you are going to connect, either in Europe or in India to Kingfisher (IT) and likely require an overnight at BOM/DEL to do so.

Starting in a couple weeks you'll be able to transfer points freely between your DL and NW accounts so you will be able to redeem on Jet. That being said, the ability to make those transfers isn't really out yet so no word on just how easy/functional it will be in a couple weeks when the functionality comes out.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Air France.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
I am also thinking about using my skymiles for SQ tickets to India but I heard that the taxes are very very high on SQ in the order of $600+. Is that true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.