Wiki Posts
Search

SKYTEAM lounges in LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass
SKYTEAM lounges in LHR?

I will be flying LHR-PRG in Y, but will be able to access a ST lounge since I am sky team elite plus. What ST lounges are in LHR and which ones are in the same terminal that CSA Czech Airlines uses?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're flying out of T2. CSA use the AF lounge for their business class pax, and you can choose between that and AZ (assuming they haven't sold it already ). I've never been to the AF lounge, since the AZ one is nearer security, which is a traumatising experience that leaves me in immediate need of refreshment.
As far as the AZ lounge is concerned, the espresso is half-decent but nothing else is.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I can't believe they took this information (terminal maps) off the skyteam website. What a huge mistake.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
As graraps has already said, you have the choice of either the AF or AZ lounges. I prefer to AF lounge as contrary to graraps I believe it is nearer security and easier to get to, and also has a view over the tarmac. It doesn't have restrooms, although there are public restrooms nearby. I don't think the AZ lounge has restrooms either.

As you leave security, go to the gates on the right for the AF lounge, and the gates to the left for the AZ lounge. Try both if you have time!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 2:20 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So there is the Holideck lounge in T4 which is operated by KLM ground services.

http://www.holideck.co.uk/
Old Dec 25, 2008, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass
Thanks to all for the replies. I have good experience with AF lounges so I will try it first, and also take a look at the AZ lounge if I have time.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allenkeys
I don't think the AZ lounge has restrooms either.
It does, as well as tarmac views. Still, it's a pretty grim place!

My life has changed for the better ever since I stopped flying from/to LHR!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by graraps
Still, it's a pretty grim place!
Maybe that's why I use the AF lounge!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:33 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
But I agree that the Lavazza expresso is better than what is available in the AF lounge .
Old Jan 3, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
I often caught time really short between my ST departures out of T2 and arriving to the airport, since T2 is a pretty run down place that I'd rather spend the least amount of time in. However I have been stuck in the AZ lounge flying AZ and waiting for the plane to start boarding. Nothing special, but then again none of the AZ lounges are.

Still lets face it you don't want to have to wait in the actual terminal as that is an even more depressing place. I really look forward to them tearing the whole place down and rebuilding it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.