Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam Award on CO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA
Question SkyTeam Award on CO

Sorry for the really stupid question but how does one book an SkyTeam award ticket on Continental?

I'm on NWA and CO is offering a better slew of reward options (on NWA flights, no less). On NWA and Delta I can just simply select from an option of airlines but can't find it on Co...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

If Continental has "Standard" rewards available on the dates/flights you want you can try to get them from the nwa.com web site or just call in to NWA and have them booked using your NW miles. If you do call in simply tell them that you want to book a reward using flights on a partner and they should be happy to confirm the availability for you. I see that you have mentioned that CO seems to have better availability on NW-operated flights. That is pretty unusual as partners generally get a subset of the rewards that the operating carrier has available. Are you sure that the same flights aren't available from nwa.com?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA
There were a couple more flights on CO...

I'm looking to fly from DTW to CDG over Thanksgiving and there was a flight on NW/KLM/AF arriving around 8am that wasn't even available on NWA (the earliest arriving around 12:00n). I was surprised to see that since it was NW/KLM. Probably because all the NWA ones have been claimed?

Also, the fees on CO are half that of NWA...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by downtownblue
There were a couple more flights on CO...

I'm looking to fly from DTW to CDG over Thanksgiving and there was a flight on NW/KLM/AF arriving around 8am that wasn't even available on NWA (the earliest arriving around 12:00n). I was surprised to see that since it was NW/KLM. Probably because all the NWA ones have been claimed?

Also, the fees on CO are half that of NWA...
My point is that there are generally not more CO seats available on NW metal than NW provides. Assuming you are talking about flying on 11.26, I do see the DTW-EWR-CDG routing with a seat available and an 8am arrival and that is something that won't show on the NWA.com site so you'll need to call in for it. But the DTW-AMS-CDG routing with the 8am arrival is not available through either CO or NW. There are DTW-FRA-CDG and DTW-CVG-CDG routings available, too.

And since your miles are in the NW program you have to pay NW fees. No way around that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.