Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access in AMSTERDAM

Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond

Can I buy a day's pass for KLM's lounge in Amsterdam? If yes, with whom? NW, CAL, or KLM?

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I don't think KL sells lounge access (in general, only U.S., Canadian and 1 Australian airline allows you into the lounge by paying, and the Canadian one doesn't sell day passes). Your best bet may be to buy a NW WC 60 day membership at a NW lounge before you commence travel.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I believe you can buy access to the Menzies lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I believe you can buy access to the Menzies lounge.
Yes that is with the Priority Pass program. My concern is that you have to pay per visit per person for $27 but I doubt the Dannes in AMS will want to honor that.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I don't think KL sells lounge access (in general, only U.S., Canadian and 1 Australian airline allows you into the lounge by paying, and the Canadian one doesn't sell day passes). Your best bet may be to buy a NW WC 60 day membership at a NW lounge before you commence travel.
Will the 60-Day pass enable me to use the KLM lounge?

Last edited by NYC1K; Jul 26, 2008 at 6:47 am
Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Nevermind. I found out the answer.

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...empmember.html
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:15 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The 60 day trial gives all the same rights of full WC membership. Though it can only purchase in the US, it's valid worldwide. It's a great deal.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That will work if the ticket is in a premium cabin, or if you are SkyTeam Elite Plus. If you're a regular passenger in the cramped seats you won't be enjoying the lounges at all.

Last edited by IBJoel; Jul 11, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:26 pm

The lounge is AMS is awful - and crowded. KLM has several (I think 3) located at very inconvenient places. My favorite is in the schengen area (C Councourse) , probably the least crowded of them all.

The best one iMHO is the SQ *A lounge...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.