Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW with Reward Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
hmm good to know. Thanks sbm12. Looks like I may have to take Sydney off the list
sbm12 could I go PPT to CDG and then "backtrack" to BKK? I know backtracking isn't allowed for paid rtw, but I'm not 100% sure if that restriction hold true for rewards travel.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
sbm12 could I go PPT to CDG and then "backtrack" to BKK? I know backtracking isn't allowed for paid rtw, but I'm not 100% sure if that restriction hold true for rewards travel.
My experience with reward RTWs is that the "backtracking" rule is VERY strict - moreso than on a paid ticket. On a paid ticket you can generally travel region to region and do anything you want in that region. So NYC-ATH-CDG-Asia would be allowed. On a reward RTW each individual stop must be in a consistent direction, so the above itinerary would be prohibited. You'd have to do NYC-CDG-ATH-Asia.

If PPT-CDG-BKK is considered a valid routing for PPT-BKK AND you spend <24 hours in CDG it is technically a connection. That being said, I just checked the SkyTeam timetable and it looks like CDG-PPT is only served via LAX now, so you cannot do it at all.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by sbm12
My experience with reward RTWs is that the "backtracking" rule is VERY strict - moreso than on a paid ticket. On a paid ticket you can generally travel region to region and do anything you want in that region. So NYC-ATH-CDG-Asia would be allowed. On a reward RTW each individual stop must be in a consistent direction, so the above itinerary would be prohibited. You'd have to do NYC-CDG-ATH-Asia.

If PPT-CDG-BKK is considered a valid routing for PPT-BKK AND you spend <24 hours in CDG it is technically a connection. That being said, I just checked the SkyTeam timetable and it looks like CDG-PPT is only served via LAX now, so you cannot do it at all.
Thanks for the pearls of wisdom. Looks like it is back to the drawing board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.