Wiki Posts
Search

crediting miles to a different airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I have commitment issues.
crediting miles to a different airline

I'm new to this so please forgive the newbie question...

I found a boarding pass from a flight in January on Northwest. I was ignorant to the ways of the FF world back then and didn't have a FF program.
I have emailed NW and it seems I have up to 9 months after a flight to submit my boarding pass.

Here is my question - since I don't fly NW often, should I / how do I have these miles credited to a different airline? I am doing a Delta/car rental promo and will have 30k miles on Delta before long.

Thanks for any help/advice.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you are not collecting miles on NW otherwise then putting that flight into your DL account is a much better plan. There should be a process on the DL site for claiming missing miles for partner activity. It will likely involve filling out a form and mailing the form and the BP into their service center.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Platinum)
I'd write Delta to check. I know that with Czech Airlines, you can submit already-completed Czech Airlines tickets for credit on a OK Plus (CSA's FF plan) for up to six months after flying but you can't do that with other partner airlines. So in other words NW might be willing to accept them on a NW card but whether Delta will accept already-flown segments is worth asking.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: I have commitment issues.
You are both right.
1) It would make more sense to credit them to Delta.
2) Delta won't take them. But the good news is that NW will still give me the credit.
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.