Search

Best Skyteam FFP for India?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Best Skyteam FFP for India?

Hi,
I am new to this forum.
I wanted your help in choosing a skyteam FFP for me. I generally travel by *A carriers (LH, TG, SQ) and for that have a LH Miles and More membership, but I might need to take some infrequent J class flights on skyteam carriers. These would generally be on AF, KLM and Aeroflot. I live in Delhi, but am also in SIN frequently, so having MAS as a partner would be important.
I'm not considering CO because they might move to *A and I'm not considering AZ because they might collapse.
I'm mainly deciding between AF/KL and NW/DL as they allow me to earn miles on Kingfisher (IT) flights.
Thanks for all your help
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Flying Blue or NW World Perks!!

Hello CSingh,

on the asian side the NW World Perks Programm is for you!!

When you have also a European Adress, you can join Flying Blue Programm.

Hope this helps.

Greetz,

Svenfly
Old Jun 25, 2008, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Svenfly
When you have also a European Adress, you can join Flying Blue Programm.
Non-Europeans are able to join Flying Blue.

I agree, Flying Blue and Worldperks are the best programs for you as of now. The problem with Worldperks is that the government will probably approve the merger of NW and DL and both Worldperks and Skymiles will get merged into some program that we don't know the details of yet.

In the current Worldperks program you can get eilte miles for Kingfisher. That will be nice for you if you'll fly Skyteam and Kingfisher enough to make status on NW. MH doesn't earn elite points but does earn rdm's with both NW and Flying Blue.

If you want to be conservative then Flying Blue is the safest program now for you, but if you're willing to take a chance on what will happen when NW and DL merge then Worldperks might be slightly more advantageous.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:22 am
Original Poster

For residents of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent we recommend KLM's Flying Blue Program
As per NWA's website, they do not allow people from Asia/Europe to take membership in their FFP.
Other than AF/KL, how are other Skyteam FFP's? (DL/Aeroflot/Korean/CZ)?
Thanks for all your replies
Old Jun 26, 2008, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
You can sign up for NW WP using an American or Asian address. If you don't konw anyone in either place then just search on the internet and make one up. Wait until sometime in the future and tell them you moved to India to get the address changed.

As for the other plans. KE isn't particulary good unless you're a VERY frequent KE flyer. Their status that includes elite plus is a lifetime status that has a pretty high qualification level, its not anual like most other programs.

The US based progrmas have the best bonuses if you are elite. The Elite bonuses for US programs are much higher than elite bonuses in the foreign plans (if the other plans have an elite bonus at all).

Other than that, most other plans are similar for busniess class flyers with a 150% credit for C, J, Z (typically), and maybe even R (depending on program).

Elite plus qualification in most progrmas is 50,000 miles or the KM equivilent (except the american programs). OK gives free space available upgrades to their elites (incuding TATL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.