Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Maybe someday I'll become Elite...
Elite Promotions

So here's the deal: I normally fly with Star Alliance partners, and am Silver with them, but Delta/Northwest's fares are much lower (as in $200 cheaper) on my spring break tickets in 2009. Are there any current promotions on ANY SkyTeam partner's FF programs that will enable me to join as anything other than just a regular/base member?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Go to AA forum to learn about challenging for elite on AA. Then have DL or NW match.

Your other option costs ~ $350. Purchase Northwest's White Tie program which comes with 6 months of Silver status.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Are you silver with either UA (premier) or US?

If so both NW and DL should just do a free status match for you. No need to go through AA first or buy a NW package.

EDIT: If you are going to status match, don't do it now. Any status matches this early in the year will expire 2/09. You need to wait until you're closer to your departure date to do it. Status matches are also only once in a lifetime. Don't waste it if you think you'll need it again in the future. 25-50% bonus miles for one spring break trip aren't worth using it up.

----------
Pre-edit:

BTW, I think in general its WAY too early to be buying spring break tickets now. I guess its your gamble to make, but in a normal market tickets would most likely get cheaper a little closer to your departure date. Without knowing what will happen with oil in the next 9 months, prices may go down or they may not.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Maybe someday I'll become Elite...
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Are you silver with either UA (premier) or US?

If so both NW and DL should just do a free status match for you. No need to go through AA first or buy a NW package.

EDIT: If you are going to status match, don't do it now. Any status matches this early in the year will expire 2/09. You need to wait until you're closer to your departure date to do it. Status matches are also only once in a lifetime. Don't waste it if you think you'll need it again in the future. 25-50% bonus miles for one spring break trip aren't worth using it up.

----------
Pre-edit:

BTW, I think in general its WAY too early to be buying spring break tickets now. I guess its your gamble to make, but in a normal market tickets would most likely get cheaper a little closer to your departure date. Without knowing what will happen with oil in the next 9 months, prices may go down or they may not.
No, not Silver/Premier with US/UA but am Blue Plus with BMI British Midlands (BD). I know that does not qualify me for Star Alliance Silver, but some how, I have it. Any SkyTeam partners that would Status Match for Blue Plus on BMI??? Thanks for all the info!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.