Best business product ATL-HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best business product ATL-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
ATL-ICN on KE has the new lie flat J seats. Flew it last fall.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
BTW, if your plans allow, I would consider working in a visit to BKK on your trip. Don't forget that SkyTeam associate Kenya Airways operates a nicely decked-out 767 on HKG-BKK-HKG several times a week!
I'm actually considering a trip DTW-BKK-HKG-DTW, since you're allowed one stopover on the way back. Any idea if the Kenya Airways flight above would qualify as part of the award trip without incurring more mileage? That would be a pretty good deal over making a connection from BKK-HKG via ICN or NRT. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It will depend on which miles you are using as to whether you can get the KQ flight in your reward. CO miles cannot be used for KQ redemptions, for example, though I would assume that NW/AF/KL miles can; not sure about DL. Even if you cannot get it as part of the reward, the cost for the ticket is generally rather low so you could book the reward as an open-jaw DTW-BKK/HKG-DTW and add the BKK-HKG segment on your own reasonably inexpensively.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Thanks...when I get back into the country I'll make a call to DL and see what I can do.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sbm12
It will depend on which miles you are using as to whether you can get the KQ flight in your reward. CO miles cannot be used for KQ redemptions,
That's no longer true is it? Now that KQ is a Skyteam member I thought you were free to get awards using any member miles?

And back on topic, is it 100% that ATL-SEL has flat biz seats on KE? Or just some of the time?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stimpy
That's no longer true is it? Now that KQ is a Skyteam member I thought you were free to get awards using any member miles?
Despite the "partnership" relationships that the alliance implies, mileage redemption is still negotiated bilaterally. CO and KQ have not finalized that deal so KQ metal is not available for CO mile redemption. It has been "in the works" for a while now but still has not gone through. I do not know if it is a technology or financial issue holding things up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.