Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

China Southern has 3 classes of service domestically?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat

I have a 3 leg itin this November on China Southern (SIN to CAN to URC to OVB) that shows the CAN to URC leg as being in First Class/Business Class. The booking class is P. The other two legs on China Southern (SIN to CAN and URC to OVB) are confirmed in Business Class which is "I" class. I'm curious if my P class flight from CAN to URC will indeed be in the First Class cabin of a 3 class aircraft. If so, what might I expect in the way of a true First Class experience. My expectations are quite low so I won't be disappointed if pj's and a lie flat seat are not part of the deal.

Anyone have any experience with First Class on China Southern when flying domestically? I keep thinking it is just a Business Class seat but apparently they have a different booking class for Business Class.

Seatguru does not offer China Southern so that is no good to me. I think and eye witness might be my best best.

Anyone?
Old May 15, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Would this help?

http://www.seatexpert.com/_ChinaSout...two_class.html
Old May 15, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Not really. Thanks though. It's a "73G" I am flying on.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
The 73G is a B737-700... it's definitely not a 3-class operation. You can expect the seats on these small planes to be the domestic business class seats where it's not lie flat.

http://bbs.feeyo.com/piclist/2007123...142185514.html
Here is a picture of the Economy seats... you can feel how wide your seats can be on this trip... they typically place 2 seats on each side.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
The 73G is a B737-700... it's definitely not a 3-class operation. You can expect the seats on these small planes to be the domestic business class seats where it's not lie flat.

http://bbs.feeyo.com/piclist/2007123...142185514.html
Here is a picture of the Economy seats... you can feel how wide your seats can be on this trip... they typically place 2 seats on each side.
Sounds right. Thanks for the photo. That helps a lot.
Old May 17, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I just flew one of these sectors last week from CAN-WUH. Some city pairs are coded as I and some as P, the seats are the same either way.

CZ first class seats on the 737 are like domestic first seats in the US. I estimated the seat pitch between 36-38".
(One notable difference I saw between this and US domestic F was that the bulkhead seats actually had some decent legroom. In US domestic F I avoid bulkheads because my legs are long and they don't give any room to stretch out.) The first class cabin is 2-2 and on the 737-800 there were 8 seats. I was the only one in first class so it looks like CZ doesn't do any upgrades for its fequent flyers.

I don't know where you are flying into, but some things I found interesting are that domestic first in China gets lounge access. The domestic lounge in CAN was pretty decent with free wifi and a decent drink selection. Upon arrival to Wuhan, we parked at a remote parking area and were bussed to the terminal. After I was on the bus, a woman came onboard and asked if I was in first class... she said I get to use the VIP car and appologized for being late. I don't know that the VIP car made a huge difference as I wasn't in the terminal long before the mass from the bus came in but it was an interesting and nice touch.

I found the service during the flight to be really good. The flight attendants were really attentave with my drinks and attempted hot towel service though the towels weren't hot. I wasn't expecting a lot going into the trip but I was pleasently surprised with both this flight and my transpacific flight in business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.