Search

TAROM to become a SKYTEAM associate

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2008, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SteveToms
What about MEA!?
Not yet. I haven't hear from ME recently. Its probably will should wait for awhile if they are in negotiations with Skyteam member of board.

Originally Posted by l'agentsecret
More info here: http://http://www.skyteam.com/EN/abo...r/pr070508.jsp

Are they the addition to Skyteam referred to in another post?
There is problems the hypelink from Skyteam news but, it is not for 2 http:// but, I just fixed it for you. Its should be better one of good information for you. Here it is:

http://www.skyteam.com/EN/aboutSkyte...r/pr070508.jsp

Thanks for your understands.

Regards
Old May 9, 2008, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Tarom ?
Skyteam is consequently sticking to their strategy to combine all rubbish into one alliance....

Guys, Tarom is a terrible airline !
Old May 9, 2008, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Tarom ?
Skyteam is consequently sticking to their strategy to combine all rubbish into one alliance....

That may be true. But if I can find a number of NY-Europe award seats but they cant get me from Europe to TLV, and RO has BUC-TLV seats. You better believe Id grab it w/o thinking twice. Same can be say to ZRH, can get to AMS or CDG but nothing to ZRH but I can do say NY-AMS-BUC-ZRH again Id grab it.

Im not saying RO would be my 1st choice, but Id rather be on RO then not go or pay for the tkt.
Old May 9, 2008, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Operationally, TAROM isn't a bad airline. That is to say, if you fly them you have a good chance of getting there in one piece, on time, and actually being able to retrieve your luggage. This doesn't necessarily mean that they serve caviar in Y or offer suites with showers in C, or even that they will bother smiling to you, but it sure beats a delayed flight, missed connection and lost bags on a "premium" carrier.
For short-haul (and that's virtually all they do), I'd take them over BA in a heartbeat. However, I would indeed think twice before flying on (and especially paying business class for) one of their vintage Rombacs or A310s to Peking or whatever.

Last edited by graraps; May 9, 2008 at 4:24 pm Reason: dodgy link
Old May 9, 2008, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Tarom ?

But, why?? I thought RO has good airlines in Europe. It's doesn't considered any a common problems from RO. It's doesn't proved it more experienced on RO. I won't have your concerns about airlines is doing in Europe.
Old May 10, 2008, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold

Last edited by Rambuster; May 10, 2008 at 7:05 am Reason: deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.