Wiki Posts
Search

No Lounge Access at CAN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ G; FB G; HHonors Gold;
Thumbs down No Lounge Access at CAN

Tried to use the CS lounge at CAN yesterday. However, being the FB Platinum, I was still refused by CS. They even showed me the files from AF/KLM, which states that only passengers taking two flights in the morning to PVG and PEK (I guess they are both code-share.) can use the lounge. Surely, all passengers taking or arriving from CS international flights can use it, too.

Um... let me down again. First time to use CS after they jointed Skyteam. I guess AF/KLM just don't wanna pay for the lounge access.

Any chace to push AF/KLM for better lounge access in China?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
There are threads from other who were able to use CZ lounges in CAN with Skyteam Elite Plus (US based members). That's a standard Skyteam benefit, I don't understand why AF/KL would deny access except for 2 flights?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As with all lounge-access inconsistencies, write and complain. No access for an E+ at a ST hub is simply unacceptable.
Old May 1, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Unfortunately this is consistent with a general level of ignorance/obstructionism on the part of CZ employees, whether it is about lounge access or recording FB numbers for mileage credit. I really wonder whether CZ was ready for membership. They certainly give no impression of being happy about it. By all accounts CA/*A is very similar.
Old May 1, 2008, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by AshleyB
Unfortunately this is consistent with a general level of ignorance/obstructionism on the part of CZ employees, whether it is about lounge access or recording FB numbers for mileage credit. I really wonder whether CZ was ready for membership. They certainly give no impression of being happy about it. By all accounts CA/*A is very similar.
And in turn, that's consistent with the general level of ignorance/obstructionism on the part of CZ employees about the bilateral partnerships with Skyteam members CZ had before they became a member. 17 months ago, CZ employees insisted to me that they were only partnered with Air France, and knew absolutely nothing about NW. I was only a GE at that point, so lounge access was out of the question anyway...
Old May 1, 2008, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

I just send a complain to AF/KLM and will update here once I have any reply.

However, if AF/KLM sends documents to CZ, the problem should be AF/KLM's, shouldn't it?
Old May 2, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dvs7310
There are threads from other who were able to use CZ lounges in CAN with Skyteam Elite Plus (US based members). That's a standard Skyteam benefit, I don't understand why AF/KL would deny access except for 2 flights?
I sure as heck hope that it's allowed for a STE+ guy this November with an 11hour layover and no visa to leave the airport. Might being a Delta guy help? I can't imagine that alone mattering much but who knows. Hopefully, by then they have their kinks worked out. Sorry that happened to you. Please do let us know how it turns out.
Old May 3, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by woody125
I sure as heck hope that it's allowed for a STE+ guy this November with an 11hour layover and no visa to leave the airport. Might being a Delta guy help? I can't imagine that alone mattering much but who knows. Hopefully, by then they have their kinks worked out. Sorry that happened to you. Please do let us know how it turns out.
I don't think you need a visa for a 24 hrs transit in mainland China anyway

Last edited by apoivre; May 3, 2008 at 5:23 pm
Old May 3, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by woody125
You will be able to leave the airport without a visa. China now allows 24 hours of visa free transit (48 hours at the 2 Shanghai Airports).

I've spent a lot of time in Guangzhou and I can't say there is a whole lot to do as a tourist. A bus will take you from the airport to the main train station. You can get on the subway from there. The subway is really modern and clean and goes to or near most major destinations in the city. Beijing Road or Team Plaza are probably best for shopping. The area around the Garden Hotel has a lot of western bars but the subway doesn't go there, it requires a bus or taxi to get to. The island where the White Swan Hotel is located is also quite interesting as the architecture is all old colonial, this was controlled by the British for some time. The riverfront along the Pearl river is popular but the river is so polluted that I never cared for it.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Receive a reply from KLM with no use...

=========

Dear Mr. xxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

As your concern is primarily Flying Blue related, we have forwarded your message to the Flying Blue helpdesk. Our colleagues will answer to <[email protected]>.

Yours sincerely

Hans-Hermann Feiste
KLM/NWA Customer Care Germany

P.O. Box 69370
1060CK Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel: 01803 204 208
Fax: 01803 204 209
Old May 7, 2008, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

20 hours after the email, I got a call from FB.

1. They feel very sorry.
2. They have called AF Guangzhou and asked them to talk with CS.
3. However, no guarantee for lounge access.

Generally, I appreciate what they have done although they called me at 2am (well, I am in US now.) So, not 100% satisfied but have the feeling they do care. That is good enough.

Ask CS to call AF/KLM office at CAN if they don't let you in. I will try again in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.