Wiki Posts
Search

BOM->NYC DL or CO?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
BOM->NYC DL or CO?

Which of these 2 is better for the long non-stop flight in coach?

I would prefer to get DL skymiles for this flight: would it be safer to book on DL with the potential DL/NW merger and CO potentially moving to Star? The trip is from Jul 08 - Jan 09
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For July '08 - Jan '09 chances are VERY high that you'll continue to collect miles in SkyTeam regardless of which carrier you book on. July is a sure thing and January is only slightly less.

CO generally has one of their AVOD planes on that route, though it is not guaranteed. I'm pretty sure that DL has switched to the 77L for this route so you are guaranteed AVOD. The pitch and everything else is about the same. If you want MQMs you'll risk only 50% credit flying on a cheap fare on CO, so that may make the DL option more compelling.

I'd shop based on price for your desired dates and just buy based on that.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
The will both be equally uncomfortable in coach, seat pitch is miserable on both planes. Jet Airways nor Air India are much better.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
If the price is reasonable then I would recommend the new AI non stop from bom to jfk. the eco seats are much better than any direct competitor as are the business and first seats. 9w will probably comein next in terms of seat comfort in all classes. dl or co would be last choices on a comfort / service basis. mileage / upgrade / elite qualifying may change this equation. good luck, no matter what airline or class its a long flight.

Last edited by traveltot; Apr 27, 2008 at 9:17 pm Reason: spell check

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.