Search

Lounge access in CDG, LAX on NW Worldclub 60-day pass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Air France Flying Blue
Question Lounge access in CDG, LAX on NW Worldclub 60-day pass

Hi,
I'm new to this forum! I have tried searching on this topic but pulled very little current info (some from 2001!).

I will be purchasing a NorthWest Worldclub 60day pass for an upcoming trip on AirFrance due to long layovers in CDG and LAX. I'm concerned (especially for Paris) that this pass will not be accepted in the AirFrance lounge.

AND if it is, will I be able to bring my spouse? Thanks in advance, it is very confusing!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The list of locations for Europe is here. In Paris you are not permitted a guest, including a spouse. You can try, but officially it is not permitted.

The list of locations for the Americas is here. You will be allowed a guest in LAX at either the NW, CO or DL lounge.

S.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
If using the AF lounge, you will need a Skyteam boarding pass.

WorldClubs members must present a same-day ticket or boarding pass for an international flight operated by a SkyTeam airline. Guests are not permitted at this location.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Hi and thanks for the tips and links. There is great info here! Good to know there are people who fly as much as I do!

sobore- If I'm taking an AirFrance flight isn't that considered skyteam? I never fly with skyteam airlines (reason I have to buy the pass) so don't really know how they operate.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by mandiecandie5
Hi and thanks for the tips and links. There is great info here! Good to know there are people who fly as much as I do!

sobore- If I'm taking an AirFrance flight isn't that considered skyteam? I never fly with skyteam airlines (reason I have to buy the pass) so don't really know how they operate.
If you are flying AF you should be fine.
AF is a member.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond,Southwest A-List Preferred, Alaska MVP Gold
My husband is buying the 60 day pass too. Can he take me with him in Portland, Tokyo and Bangkok?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mlg70
My husband is buying the 60 day pass too. Can he take me with him in Portland, Tokyo and Bangkok?
Yes, yes and maybe. In PDX and NRT the lounges are NW-operated and a guest will be permitted. In BKK it is a contract lounge, outside security, according to the list on the NW page. Fortunately it doesn't appear to limit guests based on that page's details, so you should get in, but it is not a sure thing.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond,Southwest A-List Preferred, Alaska MVP Gold
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.