Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

How to get from US-LHE on skyteam.

Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

How do i get from US to LHE using skyteam partners? any suggestions?
thanks
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:07 pm

CO codeshares with Emirates on some flights, so you may be able to go xxx-DXB-LHE. Otherwise, there's not much there. From my understanding, however, mileage is only accrued xxx-LGW/LHR-DXB, so you'd be SOL on the final leg. I'm unsure as top whether NW also codeshares with Emirates.

*A is quite a bit easier because SQ and LH go to LHE from SIN and FRA respectively.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MH start flights to LHE on Sunday...Not a "proper" ST airline, but you can at least get Skyteam miles for it (Flying Blue and I think NW and maybe a couple of others). Alternatively, fly Skyteam to DXB/DOH/KWI and then take a leg on PIA or a M. Eastern carrier
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, I thought the same with ST to DXB and then atke emiartes to lhe, can ST agents make this reseravation as one iten as do I have to separte the final leg. Also whats MH?
thanks
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by brendog
From my understanding, however, mileage is only accrued xxx-LGW/LHR-DXB, so you'd be SOL on the final leg.
This is not completely accurate. One can accrue RDMs on all EK flights, but can only accrue EQMs on the flights LGW-DXB that connect to the onward flights to IAH/EWR. There are 3 flights total that qualify. CO does not codeshare on the DXB-LHE flights.

MH is Malaysian, which is a NW/KL partner.

KLM also codeshares on the BAH-LHE flight operated by Gulf Air. It doesn't look like Gulf Air is on the NW earning chart, so you likely won't get any miles there.

For booking, you're almost certainly going to need to talk to someone to make it happen. Most the carriers should be able to book the add-on segment on the other carrier, but not all of them like to do so. NW's call center should be able to book the KL code-share for you; it may even work on their website.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the help. I will try and call NW and get some info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.