Search

flyLAL next associate carrier?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2008, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by GlobalSights
Neither do FlyLAL
Why not? Could you please explains to me more specific information about FlyLAL. Thanks, Guys.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I liked the following statement:
Originally Posted by nicolas75
snip... This year SkyTeam enlarges membership and, besides flyLAL – Lithuanian Airlines, it currently discusses opportunities of twenty more airlines to become the associated members of alliance. ...snip
Not that I am going to speculate about specifics, but twenty is a huge number when it comes to airlines mentioned as potential associates.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
I liked the following statement:

Not that I am going to speculate about specifics, but twenty is a huge number when it comes to airlines mentioned as potential associates.

Perhaps it is just a translation issue and they meant that 20 other airlines are being considered to be selected, but not that 20 will be selected as associates. I'd be surprised if too many more are added in, though they seem to be going pretty strong in central asia right now.
Old May 31, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver
any flight reviews?

Any review from someone who would have actually flown the airline?

flyLAL currently codeshares with KL between AMS and VNO. Is it known if it codeshares with others (apparently not DL or NW or CO or AF! - no mention of flyLAL on their sites) or if codeshares are planned in the near future (no mention of flyLAL on the ST website either)?
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:31 am

Programs: Many, most dormant...
Originally Posted by N830MH
Why not? Could you please explains to me more specific information about FlyLAL. Thanks, Guys.
Only saw the question today, went on holiday the day you posted it

FlyLAL's miles used to be never-expiring but last February they announced that miles would now have a two-year life before they expire. Any miles accumulated before 1 Feb 2008 can be used until 1 Feb 2010 only.

I don't remember there being any limitations to this new rule (such as e g any activity on the account), will have to look it up.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:42 am

Programs: Many, most dormant...
Originally Posted by respectable_man
Any review from someone who would have actually flown the airline?
I haven't flown them much lately, last time was in October 2007. Most of my TE miles come from their associated Visa credit card purchases (1 mile for LTL 4 spent). The airline is typically Eastern European, which means service varies quite unpredictably. I'd put it below OK and perhaps LO too, on a level similar to VV.

On the other hand, they are very punctual (which is absolutely not the case with LO - quite awful!). I think in 2007 TE were recognised as the No 1 airline in terms of punctuality at AMS.

As far as I can tell, food is BOB in economy except - if it still applies - flights between VNO and BRU and Milan which are marketed as premium services for some reason (likely due to high popularity of routes).

Originally Posted by respectable_man
flyLAL currently codeshares with KL between AMS and VNO. Is it known if it codeshares with others (apparently not DL or NW or CO or AF! - no mention of flyLAL on their sites) or if codeshares are planned in the near future (no mention of flyLAL on the ST website either)?
No other codeshares AFAIK.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by asnovici
Don't take me wrong, the more the merrier, it certainly creates more options for some people. I would certainly not complain about adding a new member to ST, its just the coverage of this particular carrier ,in my opinion, is very limited. I am thinking there are other geographical areas and carriers ST needs to focus on (Australia/Oceania comes to mind immediately, followed by South America to a lesser degree) before expanding a rather saturated European presence.

Agreed 100%. Planning a rtw now and the lack of Australia options is quite disconcerting.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:42 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but thought it would be interesting to note that flyLAL has just ceased operations.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=15314
and
http://www.flylal.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.