Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Any Skyteam FFP Status Matches TG ROP Gold?

Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

I need to stop flying with TG. I fly about 100-150,000 miles (90% in business class) per year. I have options on a lot of KLM flying.

KLM and Continental have both told me they don't status match Thai Airways ROP Program.

Anyone know any Skyteam member that matches Thai?

Thanks ^
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by moocherx
I need to stop flying with TG. I fly about 100-150,000 miles (90% in business class) per year. I have options on a lot of KLM flying.

KLM and Continental have both told me they don't status match Thai Airways ROP Program.

Anyone know any Skyteam member that matches Thai?

Thanks ^
Wow, they won't match a 100k mile 90% paid C flier. Isn't that akin to throwing away money?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not much point trying with the European members (AF, etc...) as they don't really do status matches. Your best bet is with US partners (DL and NW, since CO has already said no). There is a status match master thread in the Miles Buzz forum. Look there for info.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: KL Life Platinum, QF Platinum, OZ Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I would like to maintain the best chances for my free elite upgrades on NW, so may I suggest you status match CO instead.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would try Alitalia. Their policies are all over the place and you may get lucky.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
If you are flying in C, it really won't matter that much anyway. The only difference will be the bonus miles for the first 50K or so miles. You will already have the Business check-in, lounge, seat assignment....perks by virtue of flying in business class.

I wouldn't worry too much about it myself.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PMMMDL
If you are flying in C, it really won't matter that much anyway. The only difference will be the bonus miles for the first 50K or so miles. You will already have the Business check-in, lounge, seat assignment....perks by virtue of flying in business class.

I wouldn't worry too much about it myself.
You 're right in terms of "normal" benefits, but it may make a difference in IROPS or overbooking situations.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

The end result was that I contacted CO and they said - NO.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
The end result was that I contacted CO and they said - NO.
Did you just send them your status and miles or actually pages from your account showing that you are a high yield customer? I'd try DL and NW as well (as long as you have 2 chances ;-) )
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Just tried KLM again, but have a feeling their emails must be read by Indian call centres. Asking for Status match based on TWO *A golds, the reply came:
"Please note that, in accordance with the Flying Blue Terms and Conditions, it is not possible to merge accounts of different loyalty programmes or to transfer Miles to another account."

Grrr... going to have to stick with Lufthansa now =P

cfischer: I don't know if it's worth pursuing a status match for US airlines, as I'll not be flying on them. The only choices between Asia and Europe via Kuwait are LH, TG and KL.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

cfischer: I don't know if it's worth pursuing a status match for US airlines, as I'll not be flying on them. The only choices between Asia and Europe via Kuwait are LH, TG and KL.
KL miles, especially in C, can be credited to any ST program. I'd check NW at least, probably also DL.
FB doesn't do status matches, except for very rare and limited circumstances.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.