Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Free Flying Blue miles on Delta Skymiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:45 am
kbr
Original Poster

3 weeks ago I flew on a Delta (reward) ticket with Norhtwest from BRU to DTW, but our flight diverted to AMS due to a technical problem. It lasted almost 24 hours (and a night in a hotel) before I could fly with KLM to EWR (my final destination). As a part of the compensation KLM distributed vouchers for 5' phone calls and also 2000 free Flying Blue/Worldperks miles.

As I'm a member of the Delta Skymiles program, I expected it wouldn't be any problem at all to add those free miles to my Skymiles account (that's what Skyeam advertises: subscribe to one program and use it with every Skyteam mamber). But I phoned Delta today and they say, they can't (or don't want to) add these miles to my account. I also tried to contact Flying Blue but if you aren't able to provide a Flying Blue account number, you get stuck in their telehpone menu.

Isn't their any workaround, as I have enough vouchers to claim 9000 miles which is quite a lot.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
When Skyteam says you can join any one program and use it with every Skyteam member they mean - choose any program and then earn miles in it with any member carrier. They never promised miles in different programms would be transferable between FFPs.

What you got are free FB miles, not Skymiles - there's no way to deposit them directly into your DL account. If these vouchers are transferable, you can exchange them for something valuable for you over in the Coupon Connection forum or just give them away to FB members. If not, you'll have to open a FB account and deposit those miles in it. I don't really think you have any other options.

EDITED TO ADD: Oops, I just saw your post count.
Welcome to Flyertalk, kbr!
Unfortunately, you will not be able to access the Coupon Connection before you hit 100 posts - but make yourself comfortable, hang out with us for a bit longer, and you'll be there in no time

Last edited by apoivre; Aug 3, 2007 at 9:18 am
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You can subscribe to FB and get 3000 bonus miles (you have to fly to get this), + 1000 email bonus + 9000 miles you have.
With 10 000 or 15 000 miles you can get a one-way flight in Europe, or give them to charity, or increase your baggage allowance on KLM/AF, I don't know of any other use.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
As you mentioned yourself, these can also be posted to NW WP, due to their strategic partnership, but not any other Skyteam program.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:54 pm

For how long are your vouchres valid?
Old May 30, 2008, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by asiz
For how long are your vouchres valid?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

This type of voucher is almost always good for one year.
Old May 30, 2008, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by connex2me
As you mentioned yourself, these can also be posted to NW WP, due to their strategic partnership, but not any other Skyteam program.
which will be merged with DL eventually anyway ...
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by kbr
3 weeks ago I flew on a Delta (reward) ticket with Norhtwest from BRU to DTW, but our flight diverted to AMS due to a technical problem. It lasted almost 24 hours (and a night in a hotel) before I could fly with KLM to EWR (my final destination). As a part of the compensation KLM distributed vouchers for 5' phone calls and also 2000 free Flying Blue/Worldperks miles.

As I'm a member of the Delta Skymiles program, I expected it wouldn't be any problem at all to add those free miles to my Skymiles account (that's what Skyeam advertises: subscribe to one program and use it with every Skyteam mamber). But I phoned Delta today and they say, they can't (or don't want to) add these miles to my account. I also tried to contact Flying Blue but if you aren't able to provide a Flying Blue account number, you get stuck in their telehpone menu.

Isn't their any workaround, as I have enough vouchers to claim 9000 miles which is quite a lot.
Call KLM's customer service. Tell them you can't use the miles, and see if they can offer you a voucher or something in exchange. Its at least worth a shot.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sammy0623
Call KLM's customer service. Tell them you can't use the miles, and see if they can offer you a voucher or something in exchange. Its at least worth a shot.
That post is 9 months old. At this point I don't think anything will come of it.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:35 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by sbm12
That post is 9 months old. At this point I don't think anything will come of it.
haha good call. i saw the post above mine which is from like 3 days ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.