Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam redemption on MH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2007, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, SQ
Skyteam redemption on MH

I have 200,000 miles with AF-KL to use up as continue to be appalled by Skyteam - so ready to cash them all in.

Has anyone been successful in redeeming say LHR-KUL on Malaysia Airlines in F?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Originally Posted by Malaysian16
I have 200,000 miles with AF-KL to use up as continue to be appalled by Skyteam - so ready to cash them all in.

Has anyone been successful in redeeming say LHR-KUL on Malaysia Airlines in F?
Quite easy actually.
We have booked and travel MH first class LHR-KUL last october.
The date was quite easy to find. We were 3 in First Class
Do not expect CX or SQ quality but quite OK, better than AF for sure.
It is 160 000 miles FC with Flying Blue.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Could someone tell me how to go about booking SkyTeam reward flights with one of the partner airlines? I have 200k miles and am ST Elite+ as part of Flying Blue. Not getting much availability for my chosen destination (LAX) routing out of CDG or AMS, so would like to try CO out of LHR. How do I go about doing this? Online searching doesn't yield much as I'm not a member of CO's own FF program so can't log in.

BTW, I'm not looking to travel until May next year, so it's not imminent. However as it's my honeymoon I am hoping to snap up a couple of biz seats sooner rather than later.

Because CO codeshare with VS regularly, I was hoping to land a couple of UC seats on VS direct to LAX - has anyone else managed to do this using Skyteam miles?

thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
You can't book into VS' flight using AF miles ... you can only book award flights operated by the partner (in this case CO)

Originally Posted by Kevlondon
Because CO codeshare with VS regularly, I was hoping to land a couple of UC seats on VS direct to LAX - has anyone else managed to do this using Skyteam miles?

thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2007, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by Kevlondon
Online searching doesn't yield much as I'm not a member of CO's own FF program so can't log in.
You should be able to do a search for reward flight availability without even needing a CO FF#. For NW in the past, I've generally found it best/easiest to find the routes/dates you want, and then call up the award line to have them search for availability for the itineraries you would like.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, SQ
beware

I spent some time trying to 'educate' the FBlue 'assistant' (having been cut off several times before - i really hate FBlue telephone assistance - btw).. that one could redeem with Malaysia Airlines...

after a few difficult exchanges (shall we say), she decided to actually check and then agreed that miles were indeed redeemable on MAS (LHR-KUL).. but there were no seats 'for weeks and weeks (?)'... so i was told..

i gave up...

will continue to fly on Star Alliance members...
Old Jul 16, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold
is there really no way to see MH award availability for online? I just had a Northwest agent on the phone for about an hour and she came up empty for the dates / routings I wanted. I'd love to be able to call in after having done my own recon.

(p.s. I tried searching on this topic - which is how I ended up in this thread. If there is already a thread that answers this, if someone could point me to it, Id' appreciate that.)
Old Jul 18, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
There's no way to see it. And what's worse, when NW or KL try to get an award from them, they have to send a fax with the requested flights and dates and wait for a fax back from MH. If that date isn't available, they have to repeat the process.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
redemption on mh

i tried many times but it does not work - there is never any seats availbale and FBlue call centre is truly inefficient

even booking mh miles took 1 week and you need to do it by hand ie pay a visit to an mh office
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, FB Platinum (Ivory after 1/4/2010 :-)
I can give you little bit of hope as I succeed to make a economy class booking on MH PRG-FRA-KUL-SYD and back couple of week ago . It was pretty smooth with FB call center. The truth is, I was talking to a guy with Dutch accent. And it always helps. French accent always means a trouble :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.