Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Convert my miles : Flying Blue/SkyMiles ?

Old Nov 4, 2006, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue

Hello!

I would like to know if there's a way to transfer my Flying Blue points to my SkyMiles card?
I'm now living in the U.S and I use more Delta Airlines than Air France/KLM. Furthermore, I'm interested in getting a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card ; which is impossible with Air France (unless you still live in Europe).

Thank you for your help.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vetea
Hello!

I would like to know if there's a way to transfer my Flying Blue points to my SkyMiles card?
I'm now living in the U.S and I use more Delta Airlines than Air France/KLM. Furthermore, I'm interested in getting a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card ; which is impossible with Air France (unless you still live in Europe).

Thank you for your help.
Welcome to FT.
It is unfortunately not possible to transfer miles from FB to SM. However, if you fly DL a lot, you are getting a pretty good deal with FB, since all booking classes earn 100% miles. You can, however, still transfer to NW WP until the end of the year (conditions apply, check the FB forum).
Old Nov 4, 2006, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The other thing to consider with all the partnership stuff is that there is really no reason to change where you are banking the miles unless you really plan on flying DL a lot and want Medallion status to get the upgrades.

Otherwise, no big deal.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by sbm12
The other thing to consider with all the partnership stuff is that there is really no reason to change where you are banking the miles unless you really plan on flying DL a lot and want Medallion status to get the upgrades.
I am member of both FlyingBlue and Skymiles, since there are differences:

- Skymiles can be used for upgrades on Delta, and the six PMU are nice for transatlantic upgrades

- FlyingBlue miles can be used for upgrades on AirFrance or KLM between Asia and Europe, and can also be used on first class awards on AirFrance, which is not possible with Skymiles.

if I were living in the US as the OP does, and were to travel enough to be PM, then I would definitively switch to Skymiles for the Medallion upgrades and the PMUs.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zurichflyer
I am member of both FlyingBlue and Skymiles, since there are differences:

- Skymiles can be used for upgrades on Delta, and the six PMU are nice for transatlantic upgrades

- FlyingBlue miles can be used for upgrades on AirFrance or KLM between Asia and Europe, and can also be used on first class awards on AirFrance, which is not possible with Skymiles.

if I were living in the US as the OP does, and were to travel enough to be PM, then I would definitively switch to Skymiles for the Medallion upgrades and the PMUs.
on the other hand if you live in the US and fly NW a lot, you get free upgrades with FB plus lounge access; also a pretty good deal.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:54 am

Im in the same boat...would like to convert my FB into another US based carrier.
Any thoughts?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As you were told in the Flying Blue forum, Flying Blue does not offer any official mechanism for transferring Flying Blue miles into any other frequent flyer scheme.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.