Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 4, 06, 9:12 am   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Flying Blue
Posts: 1
Convert my miles : Flying Blue/SkyMiles ?

Hello!

I would like to know if there's a way to transfer my Flying Blue points to my SkyMiles card?
I'm now living in the U.S and I use more Delta Airlines than Air France/KLM. Furthermore, I'm interested in getting a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card ; which is impossible with Air France (unless you still live in Europe).

Thank you for your help.
vetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 06, 10:18 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, MR Gold, *W Gold, IHG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 17,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetea
Hello!

I would like to know if there's a way to transfer my Flying Blue points to my SkyMiles card?
I'm now living in the U.S and I use more Delta Airlines than Air France/KLM. Furthermore, I'm interested in getting a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card ; which is impossible with Air France (unless you still live in Europe).

Thank you for your help.
Welcome to FT.
It is unfortunately not possible to transfer miles from FB to SM. However, if you fly DL a lot, you are getting a pretty good deal with FB, since all booking classes earn 100% miles. You can, however, still transfer to NW WP until the end of the year (conditions apply, check the FB forum).
cfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 06, 3:47 pm   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 62,065
The other thing to consider with all the partnership stuff is that there is really no reason to change where you are banking the miles unless you really plan on flying DL a lot and want Medallion status to get the upgrades.

Otherwise, no big deal.
sbm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 06, 8:43 am   #4
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm12
The other thing to consider with all the partnership stuff is that there is really no reason to change where you are banking the miles unless you really plan on flying DL a lot and want Medallion status to get the upgrades.
I am member of both FlyingBlue and Skymiles, since there are differences:

- Skymiles can be used for upgrades on Delta, and the six PMU are nice for transatlantic upgrades

- FlyingBlue miles can be used for upgrades on AirFrance or KLM between Asia and Europe, and can also be used on first class awards on AirFrance, which is not possible with Skymiles.


if I were living in the US as the OP does, and were to travel enough to be PM, then I would definitively switch to Skymiles for the Medallion upgrades and the PMUs.
zurichflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 06, 10:37 am   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, MR Gold, *W Gold, IHG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 17,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurichflyer
I am member of both FlyingBlue and Skymiles, since there are differences:

- Skymiles can be used for upgrades on Delta, and the six PMU are nice for transatlantic upgrades

- FlyingBlue miles can be used for upgrades on AirFrance or KLM between Asia and Europe, and can also be used on first class awards on AirFrance, which is not possible with Skymiles.


if I were living in the US as the OP does, and were to travel enough to be PM, then I would definitively switch to Skymiles for the Medallion upgrades and the PMUs.
on the other hand if you live in the US and fly NW a lot, you get free upgrades with FB plus lounge access; also a pretty good deal.
cfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 11, 11:54 am   #6
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 200
Im in the same boat...would like to convert my FB into another US based carrier.
Any thoughts?
genghiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 11, 2:32 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, BA, EI, EY. Silver: KL, LH
Posts: 11,949
As you were told in the Flying Blue forum, Flying Blue does not offer any official mechanism for transferring Flying Blue miles into any other frequent flyer scheme.
__________________
2014: AMS AUH BNE CPH DOH DUB DUS EWR JFK KUL LCY LGW LHR MAD MEL ORK PER PHL RTM SAN SFO SYD TXL
irishguy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:30 pm.