Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Live on 2 continents - FlyingBlue vs. WorldPerks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live on 2 continents - FlyingBlue vs. WorldPerks?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
big MINUS with Flying Blue

Please note that the award miles earned on KLM are worth a lot less than WorldPerks miles. A reward ticket on CO or AF between Europe and North America costs $400 in "taxes" which negates the value of the miles.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sjefenole
A reward ticket on CO or AF between Europe and North America costs $400 in "taxes" which negates the value of the miles.
Most of that $400 is a fuel surcharge, not taxes. US-based carriers are not allowed to charge for a fuel surcharge, but foreign carriers are. It is definitely one of the pieces to consider when evaluating programs. That being said, there are some things that FlyingBlue does have over WorldPerks, like the ability to redeem for F awards on AirFrance.

And the YQ fuel surcharge certainly changes the value of the miles, but they still have some value.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:20 am

[QUOTE=NOLAnwGOLD;9484245]So just asked FB to transfer mile few miles on them to my existing WP account, which worked easily. 1:1 ration. Apparently elite status also transfer.

But HOW exactly did you technically have your miles transfered? Did you just call them and ask them to, or what? How long did the transfer take? Were there any fees involved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.