Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Flying SU, which website to buy tickets cheaper?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver (exPPS:(, Tesco sad, FR £0.01

Hello,

We are DL FF members and will need to fly LHR-SVO (on SU metal) in mid May. I wonder if the flights will be code-shared (preferably with DL)... Where can I find which flights are and will be code-shared?

We used to buy BA flights on other 1W websites (AA is the best normally) so I wonder if we can do the same with ST. That is where to buy code-shared tickets for SU metal? Maybe AF or AZ are normally cheaper for code-shared flights????
I have tried to book LHR-Moscow flight on DL.com but website does not even recognize LHR (as all DL flights go from LGW)!!!

Any recomendations on best place to buy cheapest tickets and preferably accumulate some miles are very welcome!

My first post on ST forum so apology if any naive questions
Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Why don't you book it directly on the SU website?

http://www.aeroflot.com/eng/

Just give them your DL FF # and you are all set.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PMMMDL
Why don't you book it directly on the SU website?

http://www.aeroflot.com/eng/

Just give them your DL FF # and you are all set.

Cheers.

I can surely book there but (it is SU forever I fear!!!):
1) SU website price is higher then travel agent quoted me
2) SU website doesn't show required flights (while I can see availability for the same flight via Opodo! )
3) I guess there is even cheaper price to be found for the same metal/flight but with code-shared flight number, as I explained above. I have tried DL and NWA websites but it seems there are no code-shared numbers of SU metal as yet

generally
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:00 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mishkira
I can surely book there but (it is SU forever I fear!!!):
1) SU website price is higher then travel agent quoted me
2) SU website doesn't show required flights (while I can see availability for the same flight via Opodo! )
3) I guess there is even cheaper price to be found for the same metal/flight but with code-shared flight number, as I explained above. I have tried DL and NWA websites but it seems there are no code-shared numbers of SU metal as yet

generally
I don't think that SU is code-sharing with NW or DL. Even if they are, why would a code-shared flight be cheaper?
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chalf
I don't think that SU is code-sharing with NW or DL. Even if they are, why would a code-shared flight be cheaper?
They will surely have code-shared flights being in ST... Accordigly SU-metal flights can be bought via DL website (I hope )

It is not the rule. But if you go to AA website then you might find and buy BA-metal flights much cheaper than on BA.com. I thought there is something similar in ST like in 1W alliance....
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:26 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
I don't think LHR-SVO has any other code than SU. (And DL and SU only share codes on JFK-SVO, IIRC)
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If the travvel agent is quoting a less expensive fare, buy it. What do you gain by using the carrier's web site (regardless of carrier)?

In the Continental world you need to buy from co.com for the cheap fares to count 100% EQM. I don't see that requirement for any of the other SkyTeam carriers/partners anywhere.

If you are looking for code shares that actually exist, the carrier should list them on their own site. Maybe try ITA to get a view of which carriers server the flight non-stop. It is usually pretty easy to tell there which are code shares.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 2:19 pm
Suspended

In the past I have found some very inexpensive SU business class fares on Orbitz. Not sure if this continues to be true, but you might check.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
They will surely have code-shared flights being in ST... Accordigly SU-metal flights can be bought via DL website (I hope )
Codeshare will take a LONG time; there is, for example, no NW - AF codeshare yet. Many regulatory issues have to be solved before a codeshare can be established. I'd check the usual big three US websites for SU fares.
Old May 2, 2006, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Many thanks to everyone for good advise. Which "3 big US" ones dod you mean please?
Old May 2, 2006, 4:18 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
probably the three us members within skyteam?
Old May 2, 2006, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Many thanks to everyone for good advise. Which "3 big US" ones dod you mean please?
I was referring to travelocity/expedia/orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.